LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Delanie Walker V2.0

Chris Harper, WR-Kansas State. Another over-sized, physical receiver, not the fastest guy out there but decent speed.Former quarterback, shows good offensive awareness, not a superb route runner but gets the job done for the most part, reliable downfield blocker. Possesses very good hands.

About 6'0"-6'1", 230-235 pounds.

• mod
  • Veteran
Kinda looks like him, stature wise
Good call...I'm not sure they want to draft another Delanie though.
i dont want delanie 1.0

why draft 2.0
How well does he catch the ball?
Originally posted by TommyFrazier:
Good call...I'm not sure they want to draft another Delanie though.

I don't know much about this player, but the key is "good hands." If we could draft a player like Delanie but with soft hands (and larger catching radius), I could see that being a valuable addition to the team.

Personally, I still think we need a speed receiver (yet to be seen if AJ Jenkins can fit that role) and a large target TE with soft hands (in the mold of a Jason Witten or Tony Gonzalez). The former would be to stretch the defense and the second would be to be a safety valve on 3rd downs when Crabtree draws double teams.
I think Travis Kelce fits the mold of what you are describing. Delanie has been one of my favorite players, but all players' run comes to an end. With CK7 at QB, the players have to fit around him.
I said something similar about Harper in the past. He's got the size if he adds 5-10 lbs and, from what I've seen, his hands appear better than Delanie's (who's killed me all season, but had me really yelling during the GB game). He's got the talent to play outside, so the only thing that might keep him from making the transition is his attitude - he may not want to play the H-back/TE role.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
i dont want delanie 1.0

why draft 2.0

This one comes with hands.
Originally posted by Overkill:
I said something similar about Harper in the past. He's got the size if he adds 5-10 lbs and, from what I've seen, his hands appear better than Delanie's (who's killed me all season, but had me really yelling during the GB game). He's got the talent to play outside, so the only thing that might keep him from making the transition is his attitude - he may not want to play the H-back/TE role.

But if he's willing, it could be a good fit, not sure if he'll be able to last as a WR.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
i dont want delanie 1.0

why draft 2.0

this
OVERsized??? With 6.0?
Originally posted by communist:
OVERsized??? With 6.0?

Because every 6 foot receiver normally weighs about 235 pounds right??? He's got more horizontal size rather than vertical.
Replacing Walker is more about his ability to learn and play all over the field rather than physical traits...certainly not hands. Being a former QB might indicate he can match this ability. Better hands would certainly be a blessing! Delanie must really be a team guy for him to be so well respected by the staff.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Because every 6 foot receiver normally weighs about 235 pounds right??? He's got more horizontal size rather than vertical.
plz don't declare him a receiver...way too inconsisten hands.
Share 49ersWebzone