LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Pre NFC championship game mock draft.

Re-sign FS Goldson and NT Sopoaga.

1. DE-Sharrif Floyd- Darnell Dockett 2.0 that has that nasty attitude that 49ers coaches love.
2. WR-Da'Rick Rogers- Big strong fast WR that has great hands and is a very good blocker but has some off the field issues. Watch 2011 tape at Tenn
3a. OLB- Brandon Jenkins- 21.5 sacks and 36.5 TFL in 3 years at FSU. Coming off season ending foot injury that cost him his miss all but one game.
3b. NT- Kwame Geathers- Huge NT at 6-5 355 that played behind John Jenkins at Georgia. Re-sign Sopoaga for 1 year and let Geathers take over in 2014.
4. SS- D.J Swearinger- A very physical safety who has played FS and CB at South Carolina but has the size of a SS. Special teams Demon
5a. TE- Levine Toilolo- Big TE at 6-7 265 that has good hands and is a good blocker. Not the fastest but would be a very good red zone weapon.
5b. DE- Joe Kruger- 6-6 280 DE that has a very good motor. Brother is Raven OLB Paul Kruger.
6a. K- Dustin Hopkins- David Akers replacement.
6b. OT Manase Foketi- OT/G at 6-5 320 that graded out at 95% last year at West Texas A&M. Played LT at KSU from 2010-2011 before going to West Texas A&M.
7a. WR/KR Marquise Goodwin- Olympic Long Jumper that has some very fast wheels. Could push Kyle Williams for the 5th WR and KR/PR roster spot.
7b. ILB Jake Knott- Old school football player who just knows how to tackle. Good size at 6-3 252.
I like the fact that you addressed the key 49er needs early on. However, I would want the Niners to draft a CB in the 3rd rd. with one of the 3 picks they will likely have.
Just watched some Da'Rick highlights and I'm liking what I saw. Seems like exactly the kind of big, strong, fast WR need.

Rest of the draft looks good too. Might like one more WR in the mid rounds just because I think we need a lot more bodies at that position.
Nice mock
Not a huge fan of da'rick rogers - the guy's got butterfingers and he's not very fast.
Originally posted by xtm059:
Not a huge fan of da'rick rogers - the guy's got butterfingers and he's not very fast.

This. To call his hands questionable would be putting it mildly, of course Terrell Owens made a career out of it, but generally guys with Crisco hands don't seem to last all too long.

Also, cornerback is absolutely a must in this draft, I don't think the 49ers can afford to wait for Rogers to continue to regress, not to mention that Brock is gone after this season. There's a nice crop of talented cornerbacks with good size, it'll be vital towards the future, especially as Seattle and St Louis both will be looking to upgrade at WR this offseason.
Share 49ersWebzone