There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rex Burkhead-RB-Nebraska

This is someone that is not getting a lot of hype but presents the total package as a running back. Injuries really slowed him down this year but he's been a tremendous running back at Nebraska and has shown excellent hands for making catches out of the backfield.

He would fit well with this team as he runs with power, but also has considerable quickness, could be effective in the pistol offense and comes with highly regarded character and leadership. He's got definite "Tebow" like characteristics, he's tough, hard-nosed, tremendous motor, he gives 125% on every single play, I'm sure a lot of people will look at him and think "physical white running back" and instantly try to pigeon-hole him in as a fullback or some other crap but he's truly got the completely package, capable of running the ball inside and out, he represents outstanding value in the later rounds.....4th and further back.
Sounds good. I think any new back that expects to make this roster has to play special teams. Outside of thata, we'll probably pass unless there is unbelievable value at a particular spot.
We don't need a RB, but I could see Burkhead having a Peyton Hillis type career
The combine will make or break him.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
We don't need a RB, but I could see Burkhead having a Peyton Hillis type career

Dude is 210 lbs he isn't anything like Hillis oh wait he's white isn't he.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Dude is 210 lbs he isn't anything like Hillis oh wait he's white isn't he.

LOL.....he's just like Mike Alstott, Toby Gerhardt and Peyton Hillis.......after all he's white isn't he?
I think we will need another rb either in this draft or the next. We need thunder! Frank can't go on forever.
I love the kid. I think he is a starter in the NFL. I have a second round grade on him, even though he will be drafted later.
Love this cat...he actually has a lot of Gore''s traits as a runner. If I wasn't so insistent on dreaming about Lacy being a Niner, I'd put him in a mock.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I love the kid. I think he is a starter in the NFL. I have a second round grade on him, even though he will be drafted later.

As a bonus, a guy like this could be a total kamikaze on special teams as well, which is where he'd likely earn his paycheck initially.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Has he played any special teams for Nebraska during his career?