LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 340 users in the forums

Idaho's 2013 Mock 2.0

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I would play him at C.

The problem is he's very unlikely to be a center at the next level. NFL scouts are projecting him at guard almost exclusively, and for good reason. Not the most agile guy, nor very mobile. I think due to his size, guard is realistically his best position. Wisconsin-stigma aside, he could actually make for a very solid starting guard on most teams and be a tremendous improvement for others....*cough*...Cardinals...*cough*

What I've been looking at are undersized guards with quick feet and decent mobility, guys who are too small to play guard at the next level but have the tools to become pretty good centers. The more I see of him, the more I like Omoregie Uzzi of Georgia Tech, a very good guard in college, too small to play guard for most NFL teams, but prototypical size for a center. He's a ferocious run blocker, loves to run guys off the line, he'll be available in the later rounds...like 4, 5...6...and would be a very good prospect to get assuming Kilgore takes over for Goodwin.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM ]
Originally posted by bigwads:
John Jenkins is the most overrated player in the entire draft. He is fat slob who thinks football is sumo wrestling....he is a 3rd rounder tops.

most overrated player in the draft, lol awful take.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I would play him at C.

Not gonna happen. NFL scouts are projecting him at guard almost exclusively, and for good reason. Not the most agile guy, nor very mobile. I think due to his size, guard is realistically his best position. What I've been looking at are undersized guards with quick feet and good mobility, guys who are too small to play guard at the next level but have the tools to become pretty good centers. The more I see of him, the more I like Omoregie Uzzi of Georgia Tech, a very good guard in college, too small to play guard for most NFL teams, but prototypical size for a center.

I disagree. I think he would make a good C. I dont think his size will be an issue, he is a little larger than typical as far a wight goes though your right.. I know he is not the most natural athlete, but he has enough to make the pulls and stunts he will need to make at the C position. He has great football IQ, and has studdied defenseive shemes. He could be the QB of the LOS, getting us into the right blocking schemes at the LOS. I like him at C personally, but I could be wrong. wouldnt be the first time. And i do admit, with the exception of Iupati i have missed on alot of Olineman. Its just a hard position for me to grade, especially interior lineman. I personally like him though.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jan 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone