There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Idaho's 2013 Mock 2.0

John Jenkins is the most overrated player in the entire draft. He is fat slob who thinks football is sumo wrestling....he is a 3rd rounder tops.
Originally posted by bigwads:
John Jenkins is the most overrated player in the entire draft. He is fat slob who thinks football is sumo wrestling....he is a 3rd rounder tops.

I know he is getting alot of hate around here lately, but i think in the end he wiould be a solid replacment for Soap.
I wouldnt go that far, but Jenkins seems too boom or busty IMO. Bigger fan of going after two top DE's and resigning Soap to get depth there. Possibly replace a 3rd with a guy like Van Noy and it would address all our perceived needs.
Luke Tasker from my very own Cornell Big Red

Can't say I follow Cornell football since I graduated in '08 (who does?). What do you know about the guy?
One guy i dont see talked about here alot, who i could see being a real steal is Robert Alford.

He is a prototype sized NFL cornerback at 5'11" and 184 pounds. Alford is also projected to run a mid 4.3 4o yard dash.

He looks to be a real solid cover corner from a small school. He is always in position to get his hands on the football, and is a solid tackler. Teams actually avouded throwing his way alot because in 2011 he had 5 interceptions, with one for a TD.

In 2012 he had 39 tackles, 5 for a loss, 4 INT and 12 pass defenses.

I really like this kid in the fifth.

[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jan 8, 2013 at 9:53 AM ]
Originally posted by CornellU49er:
Luke Tasker from my very own Cornell Big Red

Can't say I follow Cornell football since I graduated in '08 (who does?). What do you know about the guy?

He is a stud IMO.

in 2012 he had 75 receptions, 1207 yards, 8 TD's, and a long of 54. He also has special teams value at PR.

He had 4 games with 10+ receptions, and thee games over 150 yards, 177, 280, 201.

I really like him to compete with KW.
Originally posted by Decima_Mas:
Gerogia DL was humiliated by Alabama and Nebrasks running game. I will not touch Jenkins and anybody amongs DL teammates until third round

Jenkins didnt even play in the capital one bowl against Nebraska BTW. Jenkins had 50 tackles, two for a loss and a sack, along with 14 QB hurries. I also beleive he had something like 17 tackles the last two games he played. With our LB core, and DE's i feel he would be a pretty OK fit, and best available NT when we draft.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jan 8, 2013 at 12:50 PM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
Another RB with two re-constructed knees? We struck gold with Gore. Don't think it happens again with Lattimore.

The league is full of guys with repaired or replaced ACL's. I'd take Lattimore just like I passed on AP in my fantasy draft. Not taking him in round 3 or 4 would be stupid just like not taking Matt Stafford and not taking AP caused me to not even make the playoffs. Those medical procedures have come so far since they first started doing them that I wouldn't even hesitate. Will Lattimore be Gore II? Don't know, but I'd gamble on it.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Another RB with two re-constructed knees? We struck gold with Gore. Don't think it happens again with Lattimore.

The league is full of guys with repaired or replaced ACL's. I'd take Lattimore just like I passed on AP in my fantasy draft. Not taking him in round 3 or 4 would be stupid just like not taking Matt Stafford and not taking AP caused me to not even make the playoffs. Those medical procedures have come so far since they first started doing them that I wouldn't even hesitate. Will Lattimore be Gore II? Don't know, but I'd gamble on it.

Hes deffinately worth a shot in the fourth. TBH i dont think he will be there, and that is kind of my wishful thinking draft pick, and the least realistic of all my picks. All my other picks i think are pretty realistic in terms of where players ill fall, with the exception of maybe hunt who might get up into the first. Modern medicine is an amazing thing, and we would not need him to contribute in 2013 unless somthing drastic happened to our RB depth.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I personally think Frederick is a much better prospect than the last few lineman to come out of wisconsin.

Except where does he fit on the OL? I doubt he'll play center at the next level.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
We should probably draft 1 LB. Either sacrifice one of your DE picks at the end, or the RB pick. I don't think we can afford to have another RB on the roster, unless we think that one of our RB will replace Dixon on special teams.
John Jenkins is far from overrated. Jenkins is your prototypical 3-4 Nose tackle. At 360 he clogs up the middle and commands double teams. Also you'd be surprised how light he is on his feet at that weight.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I personally think Frederick is a much better prospect than the last few lineman to come out of wisconsin.

Except where does he fit on the OL? I doubt he'll play center at the next level.

I would play him at C.
Originally posted by fryet:
We should probably draft 1 LB. Either sacrifice one of your DE picks at the end, or the RB pick. I don't think we can afford to have another RB on the roster, unless we think that one of our RB will replace Dixon on special teams.

ILB or OLB? Jefferson projects to be a 3-4 rush OLB. I dont feel we really need to draft a ILB. I would bring back grant on a cheap 3 year deal to lock up the backup role behind Bowman and Willis, ho will be the starters for the forseeable future. Grant is a very capable backup.
Originally posted by bigwads:

Ted Washington was a "fat slob" who thought football was "sumo wrestling", and he did more than okay throughout his career.