There are 322 users in the forums

MBA Mock Draft ver 2.0

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by eonblue:
We need to take a RB early. Second or third round.

What about LMJ and Hunter. I mean all for rotation but I just dont see why we would draft one early when we can try to find a gem in the later round.

LMJ and Hunter are complimentary backs. We need to draft a feature back. Frank will be 30 heading into next season. Time to find his replacement.

I think frank still has 2 1000 yard seasons in him, and i do think Hunter would be capable of taking more snaps if necissary, although i think his average benefits from coming fresh off the bench. We also have Hampton as insurance. Its yet to be seen what he will bring to the table. I do however think if a back fell to us that was a steal we should consider it. Say if Lattimore made it to the 4th.

Lattimore is alot like Frank coming out. His stock will drop because of the knee surgeries. I'd cream my pants if Lattimore lasted to the fourth.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM ]
What make you think one of them arent his replacement? LMJ was picked at 61 Gore at 65. LMJ is a good RB hes used to the spread so he doesnt fit into the pwoer running but honestly between Kaep and LMJ in 2011 I would be inclined to think that the coachs may be headed in that direction. In which case hes would be future.

Cant really compare where gore as picked to where LMJ was picked. If Frank didnt have the injurys he would have been the first back taken. Brown, Benson, Williams, Arrington, and Shelton were all drafted ahaed of him, but everyone and their mom knew he was the best back at Miami durring his era. He as better than Portis, He was better than Mcgahee. Guy had a 9.1 YPC average as a freshman, which as the second best average in school history. If it wasnt for Gores injury's which have hurt his speed over the years we would be talking about gore as one of the best RB's in the history of the game and a for sure first ballot HOF. Only reason he was drafted where he as was because of the injurys.

But i agree RB isaint a necessity, with Hunter, LMJ, and the unknow Hampton on the roster, but with all of our picks, if the right back fell it would be worth spending a mid round pick on one.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jan 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
What make you think one of them arent his replacement? LMJ was picked at 61 Gore at 65. LMJ is a good RB hes used to the spread so he doesnt fit into the pwoer running but honestly between Kaep and LMJ in 2011 I would be inclined to think that the coachs may be headed in that direction. In which case hes would be future.

I like Hunter and LMJ, but they're small backs. We need a road grater with size. Like what the team was looking for when they drafted Dixon.

I like Hunter and LMJ, but they're small backs. We need a road grater with size. Like what the team was looking for when they drafted Dixon.

You may be right, mayo. I think it all depends on how the postseason goes and how Frank performs. Besides Lattimore, who do you think fits the bill?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
You may be right, mayo. I think it all depends on how the postseason goes and how Frank performs. Besides Lattimore, who do you think fits the bill?
Mike Gillislee-Florida-Strong and fast. Has alot of moves and is very agile. Hes raw though but he fights for every yard.
Stepfan Taylor-Standford-Really quick and strong but he doesnt run that hard.
Kniles Davis-Arkansas-great value peak. this kid has a high ceiling just had some bad luck. He was a 1st rounder before his injury took him out for the 2011 season. All the dysfunction in Arkansas didnt help him transistion back as the starter and Dennis johnson took alot of his touchs.
Kenjon Barner -Oregon- Dont know if we will draft another Oregon back but hes 5 '11 215 and reaallly quick in open space. This guy could thrive with our oline. Or be a total bust but he could be a powerback and his speed combined with Kaeps could be a combination.
<blockquote class="quote">You may be right, mayo. I think it all depends on how the postseason goes and how Frank performs. Besides Lattimore, who do you think fits the bill?
Mike Gillislee-Florida-Strong and fast. Has alot of moves and is very agile. Hes raw though but he fights for every yard.
Stepfan Taylor-Standford-Really quick and strong but he doesnt run that hard.
Kniles Davis-Arkansas-great value peak. this kid has a high ceiling just had some bad luck. He was a 1st rounder before his injury took him out for the 2011 season. All the dysfunction in Arkansas didnt help him transistion back as the starter and Dennis johnson took alot of his touchs.
Kenjon Barner -Oregon- Dont know if we will draft another Oregon back but hes 5 '11 215 and reaallly quick in open space. This guy could thrive with our oline. Or be a total bust but he could be a powerback and his speed combined with Kaeps could be a combination.

Davis is the most interesting name on your list. He was considered a Heisman Trophy candidate until he got hurt. He would be a nice pickup in the 4th round or later.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Jan 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM ]
Completely agree. Hes been working out alot. He looks really healthy. Hes the perfect mixture of lean muscle and strength. Very agile and extremely fast. If he can reach his potential he could be a premier.back. I would love him as a 4th rounder. Idk tho what ia the history of.baalke and harbaugh drafting previously injured players and underperformers?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I'll get back to you on that. I'm just now am getting acquainted with all the prospects. m_brockalexander has some good names.

I'll get back to you on that. I'm just now am getting acquainted with all the prospects. m_brockalexander has some good names.
High end, breakaway speed is something the Niners could improve upon over Frank. But it would take some ideal such as Eric Dickerson, someone with speed but also big enough to get through the line.
Share 49ersWebzone