There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alabama Center Barrett Jones

He didn't do so well last night. LOL Just kidding of course that entire line is beast. Having said that, their left tackle is on a different level and is a complete monster!! The only defensive lineman ND had that looked like he even belonged on the field with Alabama was Louis Nix. That guy got push all night long but he was the only one. Wouldn't mind seeing #9 in red n gold either.
Not Me!

DLIne all the way.

BUT - the playoffs will speak loud & clear either way.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/01/07/one-explaination-for-the-49ers-win-win-loss-pattern/

Good article on the topic.
I think it could be a great pick!

Hell if we get rid of Goodwin because of his contract (which I wouldn't agree with) that is about the only position where I could see a 1st rounder getting on the field next year. Maybe a D-line prospect could start as well but as you seen this year it is getting harder and harder for rookies to crack the starting line up.
I wouldn't really want to trade up.. but his versatility alone is worth keeping him on my short list of 1st rd options.
D-line is top priority, but if Barrett Jones is available, he may be BPA. The guy can play every position on the o-line and if we draft him, he'd be the most athletic center we've ever had. That guy pulls real well and if we're going to be running some option, a pulling center would be very helpful.
My opinion on needing a true center is well documented so I would be extatic if Barret some how fell to us. That being said, I dont think he will and I dont want to trade up in the first to get to where he will likely be drafted...it will cost to much.
I give next years first and this years 4th to move up with all the picks we got and still have a 1st to use on a DL this year.
Wont be there when we pick. But he is solid all around. I doubt we invest another first into the oline thoudh, especially when we would likely have to move up to target him.
He would be a great addition, good player and a need position.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Considering Harbaalke's ability to follow the obvious need but draft someone no one expected I have a feeling it'll be a DL and we'll either trade up 10-20 spots(Julio Jones-like trade for Lotulelei or Richardson) and shock the world or we'll draft a guy "who could've been available with our 2nd round pick" (Jenkins-like pick of Floyd, Hunt, J. Williams, S. Williams) and still shock the world. Still 4 months out so projecting where they go is a bit ridiculous because Richardson, Floyd, S. Williams could end up being expected to be picked in 25 - 35 range anyway.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 8, 2013 at 3:27 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Considering Harbaalke's ability to follow the obvious need but draft someone no one expected I have a feeling it'll be a DL and we'll either trade up 10-20 spots(Julio Jones-like trade for Lotulelei or Richardson) and shock the world or we'll draft a guy "who could've been available with our 2nd round pick" (Jenkins-like pick of Floyd, Hunt, J. Williams, S. Williams) and still shock the world. Still 4 months out so projecting where they go is a bit ridiculous because Richardson, Floyd, S. Williams could end up being expected to be picked in 25 - 35 range anyway.

Ive been thinking the same thing. Its a correlations. The past couple of years theyve traded excess.picks and future picks.for position. I would love star this guy is so strong on many levels. I also wouldnt mind johnathan hankins. Hes like johnathan jenkins but better in every way.
And with the 24th pick in the 1st round, the Indianapolis Colts select..................

That is if they are smart, that OL is absurdly terrible. Jones would be a major difference maker for them.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Jones has a Lisfranc injury. He will undergo surgery on Wednesday and be out for three to four months.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls12/story/_/id/8823901/alabama-crimson-tide-center-barrett-jones-played-bcs-national-championship-injured-foot

It seems that Lisfranc injury can take some time to heal.

He will miss the senior bowl and most likely the combine.

This might cause him to drop, but I am not sure.
He might not to be able to work out the combine.
Wow, any way he drops out of the 1st?
no way to a freaking olineman!!! its about damn time we get depth on the dline, i hope baalke isnt stupid enough to draft an olineman