LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

Le'Veon Bell Bandwagon

Total wait and see prospect. Let's see how he does in his workouts prior to the draft. Big and slow are no way to go through life in the NFL.
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 2m Bell cow 2.0? #49ers investiagting Michigan State bruiser, Le'Veon Bell. http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/03/29/bell-cow-2-0-49ers-investigating-michigan-states-bell/ ;…
More & more Latimore seems the way to invest.
This dude has a nasty spin move and hurdle.
Montee Ball seems like a good Running Back to Replace Frank Gore when he Retires
I dnt think ball will get past the 2nd rd and I doubt theyl draft a rb in the second
Originally posted by Broseph6:
I dnt think ball will get past the 2nd rd and I doubt theyl draft a rb in the second

Thats true i was watching his Highlights he plays alot like Frank
Bell could be the bruiser RB that Brandon Jacobs was supposed to be.
Originally posted by 5280High:
If youre gonna make a statement like that at least use RB's over the past 5 years... not from 7-16 years ago, leagues change.

Valid point. I'd take an Eddie George though. Other than him they most often have disappointed in the NFL.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Bell could be the bruiser RB that Brandon Jacobs was supposed to be.

that's what im thinking. im thinking that our future stable of RBs could be hunter as the workhorse, bell for short yardage and 3rd&1s and insurance in case hunter goes down, and james is the fast shifty change of pace RB

Anyone like Christine Michael ? Looks like a stud on tape
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Originally posted by 5280High:
If youre gonna make a statement like that at least use RB's over the past 5 years... not from 7-16 years ago, leagues change.

Valid point. I'd take an Eddie George though. Other than him they most often have disappointed in the NFL.

Oh I totally agree, My point is just use current information... Shonn Greene, Mendenhall, Mikel Leshoure, Mike Hart and Beanie Wells. The newer Big 10 RBs have failed for different reasons than previous Big 10 running backs but lets face it the Big 10 was an overhyped league in the latter 90's and 2000's. It was like QB's from the pac 12 of the same time period. When an offensive line has 5 NFL prospects on it like the powerhouse Wisc & Mich teams... it may be time to re-evaluate just how good the RB behind them actually is.
definitely one of my favorite players in the draft. If we draft him (I see him slipping much like Hunter did) it'll mean Baalke/Harbaugh believe Gore only has a year or two left.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This is just a small sampling......I've seen this story before and its gotten old.

"Huge, massive mauler RB from the Big Ten dominates, he's going to come into the NFL and tear stuff up" RESULT=in backup status or out of the league in 2-3 years.

Round 1 Year Pick Name Team College Big Ten
1995 1 Ki-Jana Carter Bengals Penn State
1995 17 Tyrone Wheatley Giants Michigan
1998 5 Curtis Enis Bears Penn State
2000 11 Ron Dayne Giants Wisconsin
2001 27 Michael Bennett Vikings Wisconsin
2002 18 T.J. Duckett Falcons Michigan State
2003 27 Larry Johnson Chiefs Penn State
2004 26 Chris Perry Bengals Michigan

Bell's ceiling is basically Michael Bush, if people think that's worth a 3rd round pick...then so be it. Have never been a fan of running backs from either Michigan or Michigan State.

I never seen any of those RB's jump over defenders constantly. Or do a back to back spin move in opposite directions. Maybe you need to watch more tape of all the players you listed.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
This dude has a nasty spin move and hurdle.

That he does. He will also lay the wood, I'd like to see him get lower runs a little high at times. But I've never seen a player that played as low as gore anyways. But dude for sure can lay a guy out. We don't need speed we have hunter and james for that what we need is power to go with them. Gore though that's hard to compare too, he's a special player, power, not elite speed but not slow, great vision, and patience. Gore understands how to play every aspect of running back it's going to take 3 guys to replace him he's that special. But dang that guy will bring the pain. You can't teach that you either hit the guy or he hits you. And that guy hits the guy and than looks to hit the next guy.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Mar 30, 2013 at 2:47 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone