There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AB's Top 20 Mock

Originally posted by PTulini:
I just don't think they'll take a QB #1 overall. If they can't trade down, then I say take the best player available regardless of the position.

Their major area of need is QB, they won't pass that up, even if they have to reach a bit, to draft another player, especially now with how rookie QB's have looked in the NFL, Smith will get drafted higher than he rightfully should but I believe he's the best QB in the draft, although in a few months, you might see an Alex Smith/Rodgers thing going on between him and Glennon, one guy will get picked first and the other will drop.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by PTulini:
I just don't think they'll take a QB #1 overall. If they can't trade down, then I say take the best player available regardless of the position.

Their major area of need is QB, they won't pass that up, even if they have to reach a bit, to draft another player, especially now with how rookie QB's have looked in the NFL, Smith will get drafted higher than he rightfully should but I believe he's the best QB in the draft, although in a few months, you might see an Alex Smith/Rodgers thing going on between him and Glennon, one guy will get picked first and the other will drop.

Too much at risk if it's a bad pick. With this weak QB class, I'd probably wait until the 2nd round. You may be able to find an Andy Dalton type?
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 2, 2013 at 5:33 PM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
Too much at risk if it's a bad pick. With this weak QB class, I'd probably wait until the 2nd round. You may be able to find an Andy Dalton type?

Justify that to your fanbase, especially if KC cans Pioli and goes with a new GM. They can't pass up on Geno Smith anymore than the 49ers could have passed up on Alex Smith. The value isn't there, pretty much ANY guy they take at #1 is going to be a reach. Poor KC, a year late and a dollar short it seems.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Too much at risk if it's a bad pick. With this weak QB class, I'd probably wait until the 2nd round. You may be able to find an Andy Dalton type?

Justify that to your fanbase, especially if KC cans Pioli and goes with a new GM. They can't pass up on Geno Smith anymore than the 49ers could have passed up on Alex Smith. The value isn't there, pretty much ANY guy they take at #1 is going to be a reach. Poor KC, a year late and a dollar short it seems.

It worked for the Bengals.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 14,476
No love for Tyler Wilson?
Originally posted by PTulini:
It worked for the Bengals.

To take a franchise WR. Who can you take that's comparable this year? They're strong at a lot of areas, strong at DL, strong in the secondary, solid OL, who are they going to draft at #1, Te'o?
Originally posted by fropwns:
No love for Tyler Wilson?

Not that early, lol.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by PTulini:
It worked for the Bengals.

To take a franchise WR. Who can you take that's comparable this year? They're strong at a lot of areas, strong at DL, strong in the secondary, solid OL, who are they going to draft at #1, Te'o?

If the Chiefs go the WR route... http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/WR

They will probably lose Dwayne Bowe, so that might be an option?
Originally posted by PTulini:
If the Chiefs go the WR route... http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/WR

They will probably lose Dwayne Bowe, so that might be an option?

There's literally not a single WR in this draft that is honestly deserving of being picked in the Top 10, let alone the #1 pick. No matter who they pick, they'll be likely taking a risk or pissing off their fanbase, like it or not, QB is their best option.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 2, 2013 at 6:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by PTulini:
If the Chiefs go the WR route... http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/WR

They will probably lose Dwayne Bowe, so that might be an option?

There's literally not a single WR in this draft that is honestly deserving of being picked in the Top 10, let alone the #1 pick. No matter who they pick, they'll be likely taking a risk or pissing off their fanbase, like it or not, QB is their best option.

I'm sorry, but I totally 100% disagree with you!
Originally posted by PTulini:
I'm sorry, but I totally 100% disagree with you!

That's fine...., you're entitled to your opinion, even if its wrong.





j/k
Not sure what QB's will be taken in the first round but there will likely be some "shockers" as it only takes one team to fall in love with a guy and there are bunch of QB's bunched together. I could see 4-5 QB's that could be taken in the first round but not sure any of them necessarily deserve to be drafted that high.
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Jan 2, 2013 at 7:27 PM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
I don't see Geno Smith gong #1 overall. Maybe the Chiefs can trade down this year?


Agree, but teams get desperate and do strange things come draft day.
What about Barkley? Where's he predicted to go too?
You always draft QBs until you know you have a franchise QB.

With Kaep, we don't know that yet. His stats are eerily close to Alex's for the same number of snaps. What matters is the playoffs. Some guys don't deliver in the playoffs -- see Romo, Antonio

If Kaep has a good run and it looks like he is the real deal, I'm sure Baalke will make the correct assessment of needs given our plethora of draft picks -- including always trading current picks for future picks like the pats