LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Tajh Boyd to KC #1 overall!!!

Geno wasnt hype carving up Clemsons defense last year. He had rough patches this year but that was mainly from having a poor offensive line and no running game for most of the season. They lost Don Barclay who is now starting in Green Bay and by the time the bowl rolled around they had lost the starting center as well.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Geno wasnt hype carving up Clemsons defense last year. He had rough patches this year but that was mainly from having a poor offensive line and no running game for most of the season. They lost Don Barclay who is now starting in Green Bay and by the time the bowl rolled around they had lost the starting center as well.

Having one of the worse defenses in all of college football didn't help him either. They might've had a few more wins if they didn't give up nearly 40 points per game, but for the most part, Geno did his job all year long.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Who is your favorite qb in this class?

I think Geno Smith is the best in this class, but I think EJ Manuel may be the best value pick, as I think he will end up being a Late first rounder and starter in year one, and a pretty good player in the NFL. The guy to watch out for is Brad Sorensen of Southern Utah. I wouldn't be shocked if he becomes best QB in this draft class. I think he is a starter within three years.

Don't know much about Brad Sorensen, never seen him play. But agree on Manuel.
The defense did suck but in a few games this year the offense was stagnant as well.

BTW its far off but keep an eye on who wins that job next year. Odds on favorite is Ford Childress the freshman son of former pro bowler Ray Childress. A lot of talk that he might end up better than Geno in his time.
No way I'd pick Manuel. Dude has been a perennial underachiever and very inconsistent. I understand he has some nice measurable, but he doesn't have the instincts to go with them.

As for the OP, I doubt Boyd leaves early.
no qb worth #1 overall this draft
There has been quite a few drafts where quarterbacks should not have gone number one. I'm not saying Boyd or any other quarterback is the best player in the draft. But the #1 pick in the draft has more often than not been a qb. This year will probably be no different.

Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
No way I'd pick Manuel. Dude has been a perennial underachiever and very inconsistent. I understand he has some nice measurable, but he doesn't have the instincts to go with them.

As for the OP, I doubt Boyd leaves early.

This.... About Manuel
Share 49ersWebzone