There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tom Gamble gone this week?

I dont know how bad this will affect our draft this year and in the future, but I expect the jets or jags to get a hell of gm. With are front office being as strong as it's been since the DeBartalo years, the picking of our staff begins. Our coaching staff and front office will be losing key decision makers this off season. Good luck to them, just wish it wouldn't happen for the 49ers sake.
Good for him
  • titan
  • Veteran
I hope none of them get a new job.
?
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/12/31/report-gm-seeking-jets-jaguars-interested-in-49ers-executive-gamble/
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Losing front office and coaching personnel is the price of success in the NFL.
Happens to every team.

Years ago the Pats lost OF-Charlie Weise, DC - Romeo Cannel [sp], Paoli - not sure but I think he was GM or Assist GM. Nevertheless, The Pats are still one of the top teams in football.

We'll be fine.

There are a number of very solid replacements out there.
  • buck
  • Veteran
I do not think the interview will have any impact on the team, and at this point asking for an interview is all that has happened.

Let's see what happens before we predict impacts.
As long as we keep Harbaugh, Marathe, Baalke, Fangio, Seely, Tomsula and Rathman I am A OK.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
As long as we keep Harbaugh, Marathe, Baalke, Fangio, Seely, Tomsula and Rathman I am A OK.

my thoughts exactly...these coaches are what make the 49ers so great!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
As I said before, the one thing in recent memory we need to thank Tom Gamble for is the LMJ pick. He was personally responsible for that pick.
Originally posted by sfout:
As I said before, the one thing in recent memory we need to thank Tom Gamble for is the LMJ pick. He was personally responsible for that pick.

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

my thoughts exactly...these coaches are what make the 49ers so great!

I'd add LB coach Jim Leavitt to that list as well. Guy is fully capable of being a college head coach again or possibly a DC in the NFL. He took a South Florida team that was just starting up (out of a mobile trailer I believe) and turned it into a respectable football school. I hope we keep him but then again with our LBs we could probably have a random stranger off the street coaching them and they would do well. I think Fangio is too old and has been in the league for 25 years without taking a HC job so he might not want to start one now. Tomsula loves his players and they love him. I don't think he wants to be a DC. When he took over that one game against AZ after Sing was fired he said he let the oc and dc do whatever they wanted because he had no idea what they were doing and how to help them. I think Rathman is happy where he is at; not sure he as OC ambitions. The way our ST played not sure I would be worried about Seely leaving. I would say Roman has the best chance but I don't think it happens yet. Not sure he is ready either. Back to Gamble though... it would be a big loss. He's been one of our top guys for 8 years now. He deserves a shot though and I think he will be gone. Joel Patten is the director of college scouting so he could get the bump up. I believe director of player personnel is in charge of college scouting and nfl free agency (also our own players) where Patten just handles the college scouting side of it. Baalke oversees both sides as well as financial stuff and coaching changes. Some teams GM's are in charge of coaching; others the ownership is and then some let the HC run the staff.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 31, 2012 at 3:52 PM ]