D-Money's first mock draft!!!

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Trade 5 picks to move up roughly 5 spots in the first round

AND

Think the Niners will get 2 picks in return for Alex Smith

Equals

Epic fail!

Picks sound good but at what cost?

agreed, I love the players you took man but we traded away way too many picks for marginal moves up.
I feel we must trade back and collect high draft pick in the future like the pat .I.M.O I feel we are good with our front office............WE ARE GOOD !
Originally posted by JD9671:
I feel we must trade back and collect high draft pick in the future like the pat .I.M.O I feel we are good with our front office............WE ARE GOOD !

Thank You ! Go 49ERS
I don't know s**t about the draft but that looks good. That first round D lineman seems that he would be drafted alot earlier if what you're saying about his talents is true.
After watching all the DL tape, Richardson is definitely not a 3-4 DE. He is a penetrator who gets up field fast. I actually think the best DE for the 3-4 are Ansah from BYU (allegedly he keeps gaining weight) and Floyd from Florida.
Originally posted by bigwads:
After watching all the DL tape, Richardson is definitely not a 3-4 DE. He is a penetrator who gets up field fast. I actually think the best DE for the 3-4 are Ansah from BYU (allegedly he keeps gaining weight) and Floyd from Florida.

I like Ansah, I do think he could gain another 15-20 pounds to be a 3-4 DE, he's also got terrific interior pass rush ability. Ansah could also play 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE, he's super versatile, I guess it just depends on who drafts him.

Floyd is solid, talented athletically but doesn't have an especially quick first step, he's limited in the pass rush department, if you're looking to replace Justin Smith eventually, he's not the guy to do it.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I like Ansah, I do think he could gain another 15-20 pounds to be a 3-4 DE, he's also got terrific interior pass rush ability. Ansah could also play 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE, he's super versatile, I guess it just depends on who drafts him.

Floyd is solid, talented athletically but doesn't have an especially quick first step, he's limited in the pass rush department, if you're looking to replace Justin Smith eventually, he's not the guy to do it.

The more film I watched (not highlights) the more I came away with floyd as the best 34 de prospect who could play today. Ansah is the best longterm prospect imo. He even lined up at dt sometimes for byu.

What I like about floyd is he is very active with his hands which is a 34 de necessity.
[ Edited by bigwads on Dec 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Nick515:
This is a really good mock draft but what about a TE that can possibly replace Delanie Walker if he leaves during free agency? I'm a UCLA fan and would really love to see Joseph Fauria in San Francisco next year as a Niner. He's a big body TE at 6'8" 255lbs and can also be used as a wide receiver too in certain situations and his pass catching is on point too. He's just not the best of blockers. This mock is good especially if Fauria was added to it.

You know. I really want us to grab a te to replace delanie and his inconsistency, and I wanted to plug in Fauria because of his height and the possibility of him being a huge red zone threat. But after watching the ucla- Baylor game with UCLA passing 90% of the time and Fauria not making any type of contribution was very concerning and made me fade on him being that big of a threat.

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Trade 5 picks to move up roughly 5 spots in the first round

AND

Think the Niners will get 2 picks in return for Alex Smith

Equals

Epic fail!

Picks sound good but at what cost?

Real cool guy, don't worry your mock will be a failure as well. And I didn't know moving up from 32 to 23 was equal to five spots? Well we can't all learn math pass a 1st grade level. And wasn't Tebow traded for two picks last offseason. Umm yeah.

Originally posted by STNiner:
I was scared to open this thread, but great job.... A draft close to that would provide hella depth to the niners.... The Tavon Austin kid is definitely a beast, however he may be to small for the NFL... He's like 160 lbs wet haha

Thanks guys for the positive feedback. Yeah Austin is very small but god damn is he quick and move with such ease. Let's just watch him in tomorrows bowl game and then bring up this question again.
[ Edited by D-Money on Dec 29, 2012 at 1:21 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

The more film I watched (not highlights) the more I came away with floyd as the best 34 de prospect who could play today. Ansah is the best longterm prospect imo. He even lined up at dt sometimes for byu.

What I like about floyd is he is very active with his hands which is a 34 de necessity.

To me Ansah shouldnt even be in this conversation, I believe he will be playing olb at the next level. He is way too small to play 3/4 de and that extra weight may affect his mobility. He could be really good at olb though. Floyd has all the talent in the world and will most likely be a top 20 pick because of it. But he disappears alot in games and has never truly lived up to his potential. Now let's make one thing clear no one is just going to come in and replace Justin Smith. There's not even much close to him at the top of the draft, But it's very evident we need more pass rush, with all four of our lbs locked up, the upgrade has to come from somewhere on the dline. That's why I would take Richardson and use him in all of our four man fronts his rookie year. I know there were some games where our d was almost exclusively in a four man front. Richardson would make the biggest difference in that role.
Sorry Internet froze.
[ Edited by D-Money on Dec 29, 2012 at 1:18 AM ]

]
[ Edited by D-Money on Dec 29, 2012 at 1:16 AM ]
I would love this; however, I think we'll draft some big, strong WRs to match up with Seattle's physical CBs. I wouldn't complain with Austin though. He's explosive.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Nice draft, I think that Alex will bring a 4 or 5 no more though. Sheldon Richardson is a beast, he's a dream pick. I like Cairo Santos as a kicker.

so you think smith will bring maybe as much as tebow did. and way less then kolb did. As a proven winner... You all really are underestimating the value of a good qb, especially in this down year of qbs in the draft.
Originally posted by D-Money:
To me Ansah shouldnt even be in this conversation, I believe he will be playing olb at the next level. He is way too small to play 3/4 de and that extra weight may affect his mobility. He could be really good at olb though. Floyd has all the talent in the world and will most likely be a top 20 pick because of it. But he disappears alot in games and has never truly lived up to his potential. Now let's make one thing clear no one is just going to come in and replace Justin Smith. There's not even much close to him at the top of the draft, But it's very evident we need more pass rush, with all four of our lbs locked up, the upgrade has to come from somewhere on the dline. That's why I would take Richardson and use him in all of our four man fronts his rookie year. I know there were some games where our d was almost exclusively in a four man front. Richardson would make the biggest difference in that role.

I agree ansah will never be a DE in the 3-4 but that doesnt mean hes not a good option. I think as good as ahmad is he to easily blocked when we switch to the.four man front your talking about. I noticed that too. Harbaugh has been taking out a DT and rushing with our OLB thats why I think dion jordan or Ansah would be great options because they would both be massive upgrades.to ahmad in the pass rush. We could essentially play Justin smith at DT Soap at NT and either Ezekiel Ansah or dion jordan would rotate with ahmad making us essentially a four man front with two ends that could drop into coverage. We would practically only have to sub two spot so the Dt/nt players we have now would work fine and we would mantain the pass rush while justin smith.is out.
Like it I would love to have Richardson (he is a beast) as our 1st pick but think he will be gone in the top 20...
Share 49ersWebzone