LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

AB's 1st Colloaborative Mock Draft of the Draft Season- Discussion Only

Nice pick, 49ers. I'd like to think we re-sign Sopo or RJF, but if one goes? I would get behind us selecting NT in the first few rds... and Jesse's a very good option at # 23.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
49ers trade up to select their future pro-bowl nose tackle in Jesse Williams.

A few links to check out:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1824786/jesse-williams

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/jesse-williams?id=2539192

http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/player/8/1038423/index.html

Why I justify this pick from our current depth:

- Ricky Jean-Francois looked shaky at Nose Tackle as he really contributed to the D as a replacement to Justin Smith.
- Isaac Sopoaga may get resigned, but only for a 2-3 year deal. We need a successor.

Why I like Jesse Williams:

- He has experience playing the 5 technique DE position as well as a true 3-4 NT position at Alabama.

- Demands double teams. His sheer size and strength pushes offensive linemen to their backs. This is an important point because it helps free up blockers from Justin Smith. And if Justin Smith can get one-on-one match ups or if there's an error in the O-line assignment and both Smith and Williams are double teamed, then it frees up Aldon Smith to get a sack.

- While he isn't a workhorse, he does provide some penetration to the backfield with his strength. On nickel formations, he could rotate with Smith or McDonald to help keep them fresh.

Williams serves as a dual purpose initially as he'll play both DE and NT...remember, Isaac Sopoaga started the same way.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Nice pick, 49ers. I'd like to think we re-sign Sopo or RJF, but if one goes? I would get behind us selecting NT in the first few rds... and Jesse's a very good option at # 23.

I can see the 49ers resign RJF and let him and Jesse Williams to compete. I can also see the 49ers resign Sopoaga and let him learn and compete for a couple of years with Williams.

I don't think we really lose either way, but I'd prefer Sopoaga over Jean-Francois personally.
I need a volunteer, my dad is having some minor surgery to fix his stint in his arm for dialysis, I need to give my password to someone so they can update the picks thread. Anyone wish to do so, I trust everyone in the mock, so I need 1 or 2.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

I can see the 49ers resign RJF and let him and Jesse Williams to compete. I can also see the 49ers resign Sopoaga and let him learn and compete for a couple of years with Williams.

I don't think we really lose either way, but I'd prefer Sopoaga over Jean-Francois personally.

I have no preference as to Sopoaga or Jean Francois, but I would love Jesse Williams, he would be a perfect fit for our 3-4 D.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I need a volunteer, my dad is having some minor surgery to fix his stint in his arm for dialysis, I need to give my password to someone so they can update the picks thread. Anyone wish to do so, I trust everyone in the mock, so I need 1 or 2.
Here. Good luck to your dad.
[ Edited by communist on Jan 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM ]
Just a hint to you guys: I will co-moderate this for a undisclosed time period; plz don't forget that I'm sitting in a time zone which is 9 hours ahead of the West Coast. So, don't start a riot just b/c I don't edit the opening post for some hours
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Just a hint to you guys: I will co-moderate this for a undisclosed time period; plz don't forget that I'm sitting in a time zone which is 9 hours ahead of the West Coast. So, don't start a riot just b/c I don't edit the opening post for some hours

I can help, too. I'm in west coast

feel free to give GEEK my password in case you need help when I am not on. My dad will be in hospital for undisclosed time, not sure yet how long, will know more tomorrow afternoon, eastern time.
Originally posted by GEEK:

I can help, too. I'm in west coast

PM communist for my password. And reference the above post.

The Colts select DJ Fluker from Alabama. Gotta keep their golden boy safe. Hes played against Mingo, Montogomery, Jones, and Moore so he has the potential to start an help out a weak Colts O line.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
PM communist for my password. And reference the above post.

I think I may still have your password from the last time we did this.. and I visit often.. so if needed, I may also be able to update.
Let's move this along....
back guys, lets get this show on the road so to speak.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Sorry for the delay.

I picked Ezekiel Ansah for the Seahawks. With Clemons getting up there in age, the tandem of Ansah and Irvin will be the future pass rushers for the team.

Ansah can also play a variety of positions. I'm picturing a lot of mixed looks out of this D, similar to the Giants during their peak D years.
Share 49ersWebzone