There are 146 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Bowl Watch!

  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,251
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Kyle Van Noy is having one hell of a game

Just rose his draft status tons! Kids been spectacular all year. F'king hate BYU but he's been fun to watch all year.

Yep, I hate BYU but there is no denying that their roster has some quality NFL talent on it. Would love to get Van Noy as a #3 OLB and ST guy. ansah had a great game too from what I saw, kinda right place right time for that INT though.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Kyle Van Noy is having one hell of a game

Just rose his draft status tons! Kids been spectacular all year. F'king hate BYU but he's been fun to watch all year.

Yep, I hate BYU but there is no denying that their roster has some quality NFL talent on it. Would love to get Van Noy as a #3 OLB and ST guy. ansah had a great game too from what I saw, kinda right place right time for that INT though.

Cody Hoffman*, WR, BYU had an interesting game. On one hand, he was the entire BYU offense and was killing them when they had zone D. On the other hand, he had some drops and McFadden did a pretty good job in man on him. I think Hoffman should stay another year and he could have a shot at the 3rd round or earlier.

TE Escobar* on San Diego State was missing in the game. Not a good sign for him. Another guy that I think should consider staying a year.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,251
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Cody Hoffman*, WR, BYU had an interesting game. On one hand, he was the entire BYU offense and was killing them when they had zone D. On the other hand, he had some drops and McFadden did a pretty good job in man on him. I think Hoffman should stay another year and he could have a shot at the 3rd round or earlier.

TE Escobar* on San Diego State was missing in the game. Not a good sign for him. Another guy that I think should consider staying a year.

Hoffman was a good match up for McFadden, glad he got to play a decent prospect for his final collegiate game. Hoffman should stay one more year if the QB is going to be James Lark, he is a decent pocket QB, the other QB that initially took over for benched/injured Nelson was Taysom Hill a triple option QB. I would hope the BYU coaching staff gives Hoffman a heads up because that could kill his stock if they only throw the ball 15 times a game next year.

Escobar would benefit from coming back he should keep an eye on the early entries like Ertz, Tiololo, Sims, and Eifert because outside of Joseph Fauria the Senior TE class is very devoid of versatile talent, mostly just blocking/#2 TE types. Chris Gragg is the only other Senior TE worth a damn IMHO so Escobar might be wise to jump while he some sort of a hype train going(at least according to the talking heads with "connections" to scouts)
Originally posted by sfout:
Hoffman was a good match up for McFadden, glad he got to play a decent prospect for his final collegiate game. Hoffman should stay one more year if the QB is going to be James Lark, he is a decent pocket QB, the other QB that initially took over for benched/injured Nelson was Taysom Hill a triple option QB. I would hope the BYU coaching staff gives Hoffman a heads up because that could kill his stock if they only throw the ball 15 times a game next year.

Escobar would benefit from coming back he should keep an eye on the early entries like Ertz, Tiololo, Sims, and Eifert because outside of Joseph Fauria the Senior TE class is very devoid of versatile talent, mostly just blocking/#2 TE types. Chris Gragg is the only other Senior TE worth a damn IMHO so Escobar might be wise to jump while he some sort of a hype train going(at least according to the talking heads with "connections" to scouts)

I agree.

Didn't know that about BYU's possible QB replacement. Yeah if BYU is going to pick a triple option QB, Hoffman should enter and hope for something like a 4th round pick. I like him as a player
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Hoffman should enter and hope for something like a 4th round pick. I like him as a player

This is pretty much what I was coming in here to say. I was impressed by him and can see him being a 2nd/3rd round pick if he declares and runs well.

I think Ansah would be more impressive if used more as a rush LB instead of a 3-4 DE. He has a decent anchor, but not much power to be battling inside... and he's got too much athleticism to be wasted inside as well.. IMHO.

Also liked what I saw of that SDSU corner McFadden.


SO bored this week... wish there were lots of good games on. Someone should start up a WZ community draft or something.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,251
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I agree.

Didn't know that about BYU's possible QB replacement. Yeah if BYU is going to pick a triple option QB, Hoffman should enter and hope for something like a 4th round pick. I like him as a player

Yea the local BYU beat writers think Lark is the favorite in the long run(I think he would be a 5th year senior though so I dont think the coaches would go with a stop gap like that if the liked the Triple Option guy) but the fact that Hill came in initially makes me wonder about the immediate direction of the program as Hill is a Freshman and was the first choice to replace the benched starter.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
This is pretty much what I was coming in here to say. I was impressed by him and can see him being a 2nd/3rd round pick if he declares and runs well.

I think Ansah would be more impressive if used more as a rush LB instead of a 3-4 DE. He has a decent anchor, but not much power to be battling inside... and he's got too much athleticism to be wasted inside as well.. IMHO.

Also liked what I saw of that SDSU corner McFadden.


SO bored this week... wish there were lots of good games on. Someone should start up a WZ community draft or something.

I'm not completely sold on Ansah, could be because of what you said. McFadden I agree with you, I liked what I saw.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,251
I watched a bit of the replay of the SDSU and BYU game. McFadden showed quick reactions when it came to recognizing screens and great form tackling. Just fundamentals but he didn't slip up at all in that regard.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,251
man Alex Okafor just went out with a bang. 9 tackles, 4.5 sacks and a FF. Wish I could've seen his whole game.
Originally posted by sfout:
man Alex Okafor just went out with a bang. 9 tackles, 4.5 sacks and a FF. Wish I could've seen his whole game.
I have this game recorded and literally the moment I read your post I looked up and Okafor rushed the edge for a sack. I like this kid alot. He never quits and hes really so if we gave him a couple of years to bulk up he could be a great starter. I dont think hes worth firat pick. Vacarro has made more of an impression on me. I think he should be our first rounder. This kid will not fail and we can franchise goldson for another and have leverage for contract talks next year because this guy can start his firat year easily.
Originally posted by sfout:
man Alex Okafor just went out with a bang. 9 tackles, 4.5 sacks and a FF. Wish I could've seen his whole game.
He should have gotten another half sack on the last sack of age game.
I watched the game he looked awesome. Unstoppable at times. I wasn't very high on him and the rest of the d-line was right there with him, but he had a hell of game for sure.
Judging from tonights game could.okafor become.a.DE like justin smith?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,251
Originally posted by eonblue:
Judging from tonights game could.okafor become.a.DE like justin smith?

His listed weight is 265 but he looks bigger then that so if he is in the 270s then maybe -- Smith's listed weight is 285 so yea maybe after a year in the NFL with the weight program and NFL trainers and diets. He could put on 10+ pound and get near that 285 mark. But if he ways less then then he might be better suited as an OLB or 43 DE.
Originally posted by sfout:
His listed weight is 265 but he looks bigger then that so if he is in the 270s then maybe -- Smith's listed weight is 285 so yea maybe after a year in the NFL with the weight program and NFL trainers and diets. He could put on 10+ pound and get near that 285 mark. But if he ways less then then he might be better suited as an OLB or 43 DE.

I don't think he has the mentality of a D-Lineman, not that big a fan of him. I think most of the potential 3-4 OLB's in this draft are under whelming. There isn't many talented pass rushers/edge rushers.