LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Geek's Mock Plan V2.0

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I do, because he simply isn't. If you give money to Bowe, you take money away from someone else such as Goldson, plain and simple. Looking down the road, 49ers will shortly have to re-sign Crabtree, Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Aldon Smith, Kaepernick, Chris Culliver, so no, not all of the key players are signed for a long time. If WR is still an issue, the 49ers need to address it through the draft rather than blowing money that they simply CAN'T afford to blow on a persistent malcontent.
Exactly. The next 3-4 years we're not going to be big players in free agency for this reason alone.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by lamontb:
The trade for Smith is unrealistic in my opinion. Nobody is going to trade for a guy that folks assume we are going to release. Maybe it happens but I think that's a very thin maybe. I would get rid of Goodwin and I think center is a need. No way would i extend him. I do like Hankins but not sure I would give up that much for him. All these DT's are toss ups to me at this point. Matt Moore would be a solid back up but he's not competition. I like the Bowe signing but like others said with the tight cap I don't see it happening.

The only DT I'd be wanting to trade up that much for is Lotulelei, the rest don't have very much separation and you're as likely to find a good DT in the 2nd round as you are in the 1st.

I've been thinking if there was a way to draft Lotulelei. Pricey but how about this? trade with KC alex smith, our 1rst, (2) thirds, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th. This would assume we recieved a comp 3rd rounder and a later comp pick. Wouldnt this still leave us with a 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, (2) 7th ? If Lotulelei is the best player in this draft class and get 8 or 9 sacks a year from the NT position im for it!
Geek:

I have the following which I think makes more sense (for what is it worth)

Cut:
1. Alex Smith- by not picking up million dollar roster bonus he walks
2. Parys Haralson
3. Akers

Extend/Restructre
1. Justin Smith
2. Mario Manningham, I love manningham, extend him to a 5 year deal
3. Michael Crabtree- bit the bullet, then top 2 WR's locked up

Goodwin- let him play out his one year left.

Franchise- Dashon Goldson- he will not sign a 5 year deal unless he is paid as a top safety, Parag will not pay that much.

RJF- sign to a 3 year deal, if he does not then go for Soap

Larry Grant- let him test FA, if he will sign a 4 year 6 million dollar deal then yes.

Draft
1. Zach Ertz TE Stanford
2. NT
3. FS
3 b- center
3c- QB
Sign Bowe?? Nope. 'aint gonna happen with the amount of key free agents we must re-sign in the next few offseasons.

Trade a 1st, 2nd and 3rd to move for a NT in a crazy deep NT draft? No thanks. We need to use all those picks to keep the pipeline strong. Re-sign Sopoago and let him continue to anchor the leagues #2 ranked run D. He isn't going anywhere IMO.

Good effort but not one bit realistic
Originally posted by 9erred:
Geek:

I have the following which I think makes more sense (for what is it worth)

Cut:
1. Alex Smith- by not picking up million dollar roster bonus he walks
2. Parys Haralson
3. Akers

Extend/Restructre
1. Justin Smith
2. Mario Manningham, I love manningham, extend him to a 5 year deal
3. Michael Crabtree- bit the bullet, then top 2 WR's locked up

Goodwin- let him play out his one year left.

Franchise- Dashon Goldson- he will not sign a 5 year deal unless he is paid as a top safety, Parag will not pay that much.

RJF- sign to a 3 year deal, if he does not then go for Soap

Larry Grant- let him test FA, if he will sign a 4 year 6 million dollar deal then yes.

Draft
1. Zach Ertz TE Stanford
2. NT
3. FS
3 b- center
3c- QB

I think people should lay off the TE in the 1st round again. It isn't going to happen. We passed on Fleener last year. We will pass on Ertz this year as well. We dont need to spend a 1st on a TE. Maybe Carolina's 3rd but not a 1st.
You're losing folks with the Matt Moore deal. Competition for Kaep? Have you been following Moore's career? I'd rather groom Tolzien, whom I still think has tremendous potential. Some of your other moves make sense, though as others have stated, Bowe might be a stretch financially. Good effort and it's obvious some thought went into it. Thanks.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I was near the end of my drunken state when I typed this mock lol.
Share 49ersWebzone