There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Well guess we need to have this talk again!

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Also the future stater since colin is going to be 29 in a few years were going to need to draft his replacement now so we have time to sit him and learn.

IMO It's a very premature. Colin is only 25 and you already think about his replacement To find another young QB in late rounds to compete with Tolzien for backup position is important, but, If colin is for real, we don't have to worry about Kaep's replacement for many years to come.
Originally posted by Decima_Mas:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Also the future stater since colin is going to be 29 in a few years were going to need to draft his replacement now so we have time to sit him and learn.

IMO It's a very premature. Colin is only 25 and you already think about his replacement To find another young QB in late rounds to compete with Tolzien for backup position is important, but, If colin is for real, we don't have to worry about Kaep's replacement for many years to come.

"If"
Originally posted by English:
"If"

TheGoldDigerrr doesn't doubt that Kaep is for real. He claims tha 49ers should find his replacement now.

For me it's a nonsense. just my opinion
A QB around the 5th-6th would make sense. If Harbaugh has a guy rated around the 2nd and he happens to be hanging around, we should pull the trigger. I expect Harbaugh to get another Kaepernick-type of prospect... a guy will big talent, but really raw. This next QB can expect to sit and develop, so there's little risk in getting a developmental guy.

My early guess:
Sean Renfree, Duke
Matt Scott, Arizona

If EJ Manuel falls to the mid rounds, he'd be an intriguing athletic QB for Harbaugh to mold. I'm guessing Harbaugh probably tried to recruit him, given his mobility and high stature coming out of high school.
Originally posted by strickac:
A QB around the 5th-6th would make sense. If Harbaugh has a guy rated around the 2nd and he happens to be hanging around, we should pull the trigger. I expect Harbaugh to get another Kaepernick-type of prospect... a guy will big talent, but really raw. This next QB can expect to sit and develop, so there's little risk in getting a developmental guy.

My early guess:
Sean Renfree, Duke
Matt Scott, Arizona

If EJ Manuel falls to the mid rounds, he'd be an intriguing athletic QB for Harbaugh to mold. I'm guessing Harbaugh probably tried to recruit him, given his mobility and high stature coming out of high school.

Good prospects, good post.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Since Alex won't be on this team next season at 8+ million for a backup! Who do we get to backup colin in the draft? Also the future stater since colin is going to be 29 in a few years were going to need to draft his replacement now so we have time to sit him and learn. So who shall we be looking at in the draft at QB?


I would not call 4 years a few years. CK7 is YOUNG, he is the future of the franchise. Actions speak louder than words. Tolzien is the back up and they will draft another qb to compete with Tolzien. Could be as high as a third round pick, or second, who knows?? I have learned you cannot predict Baalke.
NO WAY we draft a QB in the 2nd-3rd! Too many other needs that need sooner attention than a guy who will ride the pine for years.

I like Sorrensen in the late 4th-earley 5th.

I see us going NT, DE or S in the first.

But then Baalke/JH have proven everyone or almost everyone in the Zone wrong including me.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
If we indeed let Alex go, we'll have Tolzien and probably sign Josh Johnson.


Exactly my thoughts/theory. Johnson played good this pre-season, but Tolzein is no slouch, and why draft another kid, when both Kaep and Tolzein are still young and learning. We can/should get a cheap vet that knows Harbaugh and our system, and Johnson fits the bill.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
NO WAY we draft a QB in the 2nd-3rd! Too many other needs that need sooner attention than a guy who will ride the pine for years.

I like Sorrensen in the late 4th-earley 5th.

I see us going NT, DE or S in the first.

But then Baalke/JH have proven everyone or almost everyone in the Zone wrong including me.


I'd like to see this pattern too. I think we go NT, DE/DL, then DB. I'd think we'd be best served by bringing in a vet like Josh Johnson and extend Tolzein as the backup.
Not drafting a QB anywhere this year.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Since Alex won't be on this team next season at 8+ million for a backup! Who do we get to backup colin in the draft? Also the future stater since colin is going to be 29 in a few years were going to need to draft his replacement now so we have time to sit him and learn. So who shall we be looking at in the draft at QB?

Colin's only 25! Why are you bringing this up now?