LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Well guess we need to have this talk again!

• Dang
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Dang:
what evidence did we have of Kaepernick being able to be a starter at this point in the season?

So you agree that Tolzien is "very good" in the #2 role or your just changing the subject?

Yes I agree, care to say why you disagree?

Did I write that I disagree? I simply asked why one thought he was a "very good" #2 QB.

I'm happy he's on the team and he has been impressive in some preseason games, but like you, I've never seen him play in a regular season game.
what evidence did we have of Kaepernick being able to be a starter at this point in the season?

So you agree that Tolzien is "very good" in the #2 role or your just changing the subject?

I'll share, Tolzien isn't even the emergency QB lol
Sighn Vick.....he should be cheap next year.....
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80849er4life:

depends if you think 30 million (total not yearly) is cheap for a QB?
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:

I'll share, Tolzien isn't even the emergency QB lol

Ridiculous. Why have three QB's active, when the thrid will never see the field? the reason another player has been the emergency is because Tolzien is left inactive in exchange for a player that may actually be used, at the very least on ST, durring the course of the game.

Ho many teams keep three QB's active on gameday?
Originally posted by Jcool:

LOL, that is a horrible idea. I would rather pay AS his salary and keep him around.
Originally posted by Jcool:

wont be that much come on vet min
matt barkley would be a great 5th round pick.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Why are people so sure that tolzien will be a good backup if he hasnt had a regular season snap? Maybe we should bring a veteran to mentor kap. When is Shaun Hill a free agent?

The Harbaugh Effect! Duh!!

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
we have the tolz. pick up a 7th round QB and be done with it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
We got 3 6th round picks, one of them can sit behind Tolzien. Harbaugh might even bring in another veteran.
The team will surely draft a QB in the third day.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Tolz and JJ sounds good to me
If Alex is gone we will need a #2 or probably a #3 depending on what they see Tolzien as. If we sign a vet he will probably be the #2 and Tolzien will be the 3. If we draft somebody they will probably be #3 and Tolzien would be #2. Not a whole lot of good backups on the FA market but it would be nice to have someone who could step in if Kap went down (no jinx). Not sure if Tolzien would be fully ready but I think he could manage the game if we run a safe offense (like at Wisc). Run the ball, play action pass.. mostly short and to the TEs a lot. Defense and ST would just have to step up. Probably wouldn't win as many games but if the defense did their job and the ST did theirs we might be able to make a wildcard run if Kap would be out a long time.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 15, 2012 at 12:39 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone