LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Could 49ers change how NFL teams approach NFL draft?

you have to be careful this way. A Taylor Mays will stand out as a great prospect on a computer, but not if you watch him play. I have always thought the best drafting philosophy is drafting football players, not physical stats. The Niner's drafts under Baalke and Harbaugh have been excellent so don't change too much!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
If scouts are anything worth a damn, they would have all of these players numbers, measurables, medical reports, etc. already stored in their minds. In the end, the business execs don't make the call on draftees, but I guess if it makes them feel like the are part of the process, good for them.

uh, its a knowledge management system, bro.

They're going to share all their data and organize their thoughts.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
you have to be careful this way. A Taylor Mays will stand out as a great prospect on a computer, but not if you watch him play. I have always thought the best drafting philosophy is drafting football players, not physical stats. The Niner's drafts under Baalke and Harbaugh have been excellent so don't change too much!

Taylor Mays skipped the cone drill, correct?
I work in IT and I'm surprised something like this hasn't been implemented years ago. With as much money that is in this business it makes sense. Glad the 9ers are the first...
Originally posted by Kappadonna:
I work in IT and I'm surprised something like this hasn't been implemented years ago. With as much money that is in this business it makes sense. Glad the 9ers are the first...

Or even decades ago. Advanced analytics would be the next step.
Share 49ersWebzone