There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Saftey upgrades

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dennis Erickson wasn't very good at at a lot of things.

very true!

Looking at the 49ers roster, I think there is a good chance we do some stuff to re-sign Goldson. He has had a pretty outstanding year, its hard for me to see us letting him go. Even more, he seems to be hitting his prime this year and should be playing at his top form for at least 3 more years
  • titan
  • Veteran
^upgrade over Whitner?! Good Luck! I'll! I can give you 1, 2,3 rd to pick a safety and a FA and I bet they won't be able to take Whitners job.
Originally posted by titan:
^upgrade over Whitner?! Good Luck! I'll! I can give you 1, 2,3 rd to pick a safety and a FA and I bet they won't be able to take Whitners job.

Yep, it'll be hard to get a probowl starting strong safety.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Butter:
My thoughts are that you cut Whitner loose to free up money to resign Goldson, and then bring in a blue chip rookie safety to compete with the other players already on the roster.

One thing I like about Phillips is that the Niners don't have to use one of their top picks on him. He could be snagged in the late 3rd or possibly as late as the 5th or 6th. I think the 4th might be a good target area, unless he blows up in the combine and off season.

We will not cut Whitner; he is a good player and team leader.

Phillips, in my estimation, is going to be drafted in the second round at the latest.
[ Edited by buck on Dec 29, 2012 at 8:01 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
We will not cut Whitner; he is a good player and team leader.

Phillips, in my estimation, is going to be drafted in the second round at the latest.

Who the heck is Phillips?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Who the heck is Phillips?
My bad.

Phillip Thomas
I'm liking Shawn Williams from Georgia a lot. He's an instinctive SS and also a hard hitter. Draft him in maybe the late 3rd round have him sit a year or so and learn then start him. I feel like this guy could be a great starting SS.
Originally posted by Nick515:
I'm liking Shawn Williams from Georgia a lot. He's an instinctive SS and also a hard hitter. Draft him in maybe the late 3rd round have him sit a year or so and learn then start him. I feel like this guy could be a great starting SS.

I like this