There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Dion Sims-TE-Michigan State

Originally posted by 9erred:
I think a TE with the first round pick or second round pick is a great idea. Assuming Walker is not resigned, a young stud wold be a welcome addition to the offense. The niners use 2 TE sets often and it appears that VD has been more of a blocker lately. If this guy is the stud blocker maybe VD can get the targets?

I am a big Zach Ertz fan, so I would take Ertz first then the kids from Notre Dame and then Sims. All three would be fine with with.
So, it seems like we need a blocker and you still wanna go with pass-catching TE?

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Go for 4 tight ends :-D. As long as one can run routes just as good as a receiver, I wouldn't object to this. Davis, rookie, Celek, Walker?
One of our TEs or the one we gonna draft???
Gets my vote
I really like the idea of some of the premier TE in this draft. I've even pondered the idea of trading up for someone like Eifert as he could provide a big red zone target. Even guys a little bit latter like Kelce who is allegedly a great pass catcher and good blocker make sense, except for his reported attitude issues.

Sims is a big-bodied tight end who is perfect for a smash-mouth offense. He is a powerful blocker in the ground game and has surprising pass-receiving ability. Sims had a quality junior season and decided to enter the 2013 NFL Draft, but he could have easily improved his draft stock if he had returned for his senior season.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013dsims.php

He has played at almost OT size, but if he could slim down a bit, that is a big dude who could be a duel threat. Legit force as a blocker, but surprisingly effective as a receiver as well.
Originally posted by Butter:
I really like the idea of some of the premier TE in this draft. I've even pondered the idea of trading up for someone like Eifert as he could provide a big red zone target. Even guys a little bit latter like Kelce who is allegedly a great pass catcher and good blocker make sense, except for his reported attitude issues.

Sims is a big-bodied tight end who is perfect for a smash-mouth offense. He is a powerful blocker in the ground game and has surprising pass-receiving ability. Sims had a quality junior season and decided to enter the 2013 NFL Draft, but he could have easily improved his draft stock if he had returned for his senior season.

He has played at almost OT size, but if he could slim down a bit, that is a big dude who could be a duel threat. Legit force as a blocker, but surprisingly effective as a receiver as well.

one of my favorite prospects in the middle rounds. he actually has slimmed down a ton, as he weighed in at 260 lbs at the combine.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by Butter:

one of my favorite prospects in the middle rounds. he actually has slimmed down a ton, as he weighed in at 260 lbs at the combine.

I actually wouldn't mind draft Sims and a second TE like Fauria or Zach Sudfeld in later rounds.
I like Dion Sims enough to smile if we draft him with our late 3rd rounder.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home