LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

JReff22 Mock v.2.0 (sneak peak Finals edition )

Being that I have finals this week and one tomorrow at 9:40 this will be a quick sneak peak at whats to come after Wednesday!!

Released/No Resigned
ICE
Grant
Moss
Ginn
Jacobs
Dixon
Goodwin
Dobbs
L. Davis

Traded
Alex Smith 3rd rounder

1 Tyler Eifert TE - Notre Dame
2 Oday Aboushi OT - Virginia
3(a) Cornellius Carradine DE- Florida State
3(b) Da'Rick Rogers WR- Tennessee Tech
3(c) Shawn Williams SS - Georgia

The rest, with more detail will be coming once my brain is recharged after finals!!
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
If Alex smith is traded for anything higher than a fourth I'm changing my name to hoetoe

Why cut Dobbs?
Originally posted by toeshawn:
If Alex smith is traded for anything higher than a fourth I'm changing my name to hoetoe

Why cut Dobbs?

Tebow went for a 4th, 6th, and cash. Alex can fetch a 3rd easily.

We will be cutting a lot of players this year. Dobbs offers little in the grand scheme and with his recent arrest it makes his value even smaller.
Please also release Delaine and Akers.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Please also release Delaine and Akers.

will happen
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Why release/Not re-signed:

Sopoaga ---- Our run defense is one of the best when hes at NT.
Moss ----- He gets open but no one throws him the ball.
Goodwin ----- Above average pass protector, we don't have a replacement for him no one on the roster is ready yet.
Grant ------ Very solid back up behind Willis or Bowman.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Goodwin ----- Above average pass protector, we don't have a replacement for him no one on the roster is ready yet.

Ice......$$$
Mos.....will go to another team or retire
Goodwin......$$$
Grant........$$$

expect a major youth movement to free up cash
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Ice......$$$
Goodwin......$$$
Grant........$$$

This! I wouldn't be surprised if we missed the playoffs next year but with how terrible the NFC West is I just don see us not winning the division or snapping up a wildcard.

Were going young at NT - draft or sticking with RJF on a low cost deal, we might go with a top 2 rounder FS if Goldson costs too much, well either draft a top 3 round center(Holmes from USC or Barrett Jones from Alabama would be nice) or go with Kilgore. We'll likely draft another day 1 or day 2 WR to offset the expected losses of Ginn and Moss and potential loss of Manningham after next season.
Like the TE in the 1st, thought we should have gone for Fleener this past draft.

I would go DT in the 2nd before DE but either one will probably be the target

And you are correct in the dumping of high dollar backup or marginal producers being gone! We 2 3rd rounders we can draft for depth at any of those spots/players we release!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Ice......$$$
Goodwin......$$$
Grant........$$$

I still don't think we lose that many impact players. And doesn't Goodwin have one more year on his contract? Grant I can see leaving to be a starter or for more money. I think Parys, Leonard Davis, Clark Haggans, Perrish Cox, David Akers, Brandon Jacobs, Ted Ginn, Kyle Willams and Tavares Gooden will be all goners next season. That really doesn't open up that much cap space but leaves room for possibly all our draft picks to make the team. I just don't see us not re-signing Isaac Sopoaga, hes been very solid NT for us and we all know NT's aren't easy to find. I think Sopoaga gives the 9ers a hometown discount. Don't get me wrong, I still hope the 9ers try to get a NT in maybe the first three rounds.

I still don't think we lose that many impact players. And doesn't Goodwin have one more year on his contract? Grant I can see leaving to be a starter or for more money. I think Parys, Leonard Davis, Clark Haggans, Perrish Cox, David Akers, Brandon Jacobs, Ted Ginn, Kyle Willams and Tavares Gooden will be all goners next season. That really doesn't open up that much cap space but leaves room for possibly all our draft picks to make the team. I just don't see us not re-signing Isaac Sopoaga, hes been very solid NT for us and we all know NT's aren't easy to find. I think Sopoaga gives the 9ers a hometown discount. Don't get me wrong, I still hope the 9ers try to get a NT in maybe the first three rounds.

Goodwin is entering last season in 2013 with around $5M cap number. Cox is under contract at $555k. guys like Kyle Williams and Anthony Dixon are on cheap deals, and will tested with draft picks, or upgraded in free agency if we create enough space.

I think the obvious is cut or trade Alex, cut Haralson, Cut Akers, Redo/Extend Smith(Justin), Whitner and Manningham(He may not be the most obvious, or likely, but he can save us some room). Then it comes down to priorities.

I would say we keep Goldson, either RJF or Sopoaga(Lucky if we could get both, but we want to add vet depth at Tackle, then not happening), either Gooden or Grant(I like Wilhoite as 4th ILB)

Walk:

Delanie
Moss
Jacobs
L.Davis
Haggans

The only one I can see back is Moss for vet leadership, he seems liking being a 49er.

Unsure on Brock and McBath, I wouldn't give either a 1yr $1.26M tender offer as a RFA, but both at 1yr non guaranteed 630k is fine for camp battles.

If Maiocco is right on the comp picks, we could IMO trade that panthers 3rd for a 2014 2nd and 2013 5th, gives us ammo for 2014. We need a NT and backup DE no matter what. TE like a Zach Ertiz or Dion Sims. CB could be in 4th or 5th rd. Pass Rushing 3rd OLB. Hope Fleming and Cam Johnson can do something.

Ice......$$$
Goodwin......$$$
Grant........$$$

Cox is a solid CB for the money and a returner if need be. He is over Brock so the fight is for the 5th CB spot with Bock, not Cox. KW will be back as well.

We resign RJF and let Ice go, sorry to see it happen but we need to create a cap friendly environment again. We have Davis and Iupati needing large sums of cash very soon.
Share 49ersWebzone