ILB- Tavares Gooden 2 yrs
TE- Delanie Walker 3 yrs
NT- Ricky Jean Francois 3 yrs
WR- Randy Moss 1 yr
S- Darcel McBath 1 yr

Extend -

SS- Donte Whitner- 3 yrs
DE- Justin Smith- 3 yrs
MLB- Navarro Bowman- 7 yrs (we cannot let him hit free agency unless we want to franchise him)
WR- Kyle Williams- 5 yrs

Cut -

QB- Alex Smith (team option not excersized
OLB- Parys Haralson

Lose -

NT- Issac Sopoago
LB- Larry Grant
RB- Brandon Jacobs
KR- Ted Ginn
OLB- Clark Haggins
CB- Tramaine Brock

2014 FA's

K- David Akers
OC- Jon Goodwin
CB- Tarell Brown
CB- Perrish Cox
WR- Mario Manningham

NFL Draft -

1. (22) John Jenkins NT, Georgia 6'4, 350
*trade up to 22 with Indy for our 1st (32nd), 3rd (94) and 4th (126th)

Massive mountain of a man who will solidify the interior of our D-line even more. Will step in and replace Sopoago as a starter.

2. (62) Quanterus Smith OLB, Western Kentucky 6'5, 244

12.5 sacks on the season. Will add much needed depth as a pass rusher

3. (66- f/m Car) Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB, Connecticut 6'2, 190
Excellent size, speed and athletesism. Brown and Cox will be in the last year of their deals. Rogers and Culliver the year after. We need CB's.

5a. (148- f/m Indy) A.J Klein MLB, Iowa State 6'1, 240

5b. (155) Tobias Smith OG, Miss State 6'3, 305

6a. (f/m Miami) Ryan Swope WR, Texas AM 6'0, 205

6b. Brad Sorensen QB, Southern Utah 6'4, 225

Depth Chart -

QB:

Colin Kaepernick
Scott Tolzien
Brad Sorensen

RB:

Frank Gore
Kendall Hunter
LeMichael James
Anthony Dixon

FB:

Bruce Miller

TE:

Vernon Davis
Delanie Walker
Garrett Celek

WR1: Michael Crabtree
WR2: Mario Manningham
WR3: Kyle Williams
WR4: AJ Jenkins
WR5- Randy Moss
WR6- Ryan Swope

LT: Joe Staley
LG: Mike Iupati - Tobias Smith
C: Jon Goodwin - Daniel Kilgore
RG: Alex Boone - Joe Looney
RT: Anthony Davis

LE: Justin Smith - Will Tukafu
NT: Jon Jenkins- Ricky Jean Francois - Ian Williams
RE: Ray McDonald - DeMarcus Dobbs

OLB: Aldon Smith - Darius Fleming
ILB: Patrick Willis - Tavares Gooden
ILB: Navarro Bowman - AJ Klein
OLB: Ahmad Brooks - Quanterus Smith

CB: Tarell Brown - Carlos Rogers - Blidi Wreh-Wilson
CB: Chris Culliver - Perrish Cox
FS: Dashon Goldson - Trenton Robinson
SS: Donte Whitner - CJ Spillman - Darcel McBath

K: David Akers
P: Andy Lee
LS: Brian Jennings
Very reallistic mock offseason SY. And I have no issues with it at all. I like Jenkins in rd 1, I would love to get high enougn to nab Jonathan Hankins of Ohio State NT. But Jenkins would be a great add.

Depth looks solid on defense then. Only concern is DE, I hope Tuku and Dobbs show up more. CBs look solid. Rogers would likely be cut after 2013, gaining room for extensions for Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Mario Manningham, Tarell Brown, Michael Crabtree and Aldon Smith. Plus sign Kaepernick, Hunter, Cully and Miller long term. Means Cully is starter at CB opposite Brown.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Quanterus Smith tore his ACL last week.

That might hurt his stock.

I do not think that Sorensen will not make it to the 6th round.

Still need to look for a DE.

Overall, I would say you did a good job.
[ Edited by buck on Nov 23, 2012 at 6:40 AM ]
Nice work but I still think we need to draft a big receiving/blocking TE somewhere, if Walker or Davis get dinged up there is really a hole there.
I wouldn't want to go into the year with only one reserve LB that had played before.
I agree with the need for a NT. I also think we need more aggressive competition with DE. I like that you got a OLB and CB. We still need more talent in the safety area and then we need TE to replace Walker, a tackle, and Center, and we need a quality punt returner and kick returner. We also may have to get ourselves new kicker also. Then a big, tall, fast, aggressive WR that will attack the ball, not wait for it.
Can we really afford to resign goldson and extend bowman?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

We can with release of Alex(Saves 9.75M), extend/redo J.Smith, Whitner, possibly Akers, cut Haralson, and address Goodwin. Rogers could be cut in 2014 offseason.

Edit: For Rogers cut, if mainly on extending Iupati and A.Davis, plus Brown and Manningham would happen before that most likely.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Nov 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM ]
Don't get rid of Ginn.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

We can with release of Alex(Saves 9.75M), extend/redo J.Smith, Whitner, possibly Akers, cut Haralson, and address Goodwin. Rogers could be cut in 2014 offseason.

Edit: For Rogers cut, if mainly on extending Iupati and A.Davis, plus Brown and Manningham would happen before that most likely.

Are we not paying Willis $17 million this year? And $3 million next year? So save $14 million?

I don't like it.

I like Ricky to replace Soap and like Ian Williams behind him.

I would let Delanie walk.

Go TE in the 1st.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Are we not paying Willis $17 million this year? And $3 million next year? So save $14 million?

Remember the raise in salaries for every player. We aren't saving 14M in 1 season, it' stretched out over 4 seasons.
U dont cut Smith even if we go with Kaepernick now. U resign him and then you can EASILY trade Smith for a 1st round pick or maybe more. Look what lame ass QB's like Kolb and Cutler and even Tebow went for.
Kolb was a headscratcher, but Cutler looked like (and still does) a franchise QB, and wasn't Tebow traded for a 4th? There are some teams that need a QB but Smith isn't the type of guy that will come in and elevate a team consistently because of his play. I'm an Alex Smith fan, but there's no way I'd trade for him if I were the GM of a bad team, unless it was San Diego.
Originally posted by kronik:
U dont cut Smith even if we go with Kaepernick now. U resign him and then you can EASILY trade Smith for a 1st round pick or maybe more. Look what lame ass QB's like Kolb and Cutler and even Tebow went for.

Good point. I was thinking about this. He has no guaranteed money owed so if we do give him his option then we can trade him with no cap hit and still save the money on the cap.

Jacksonville, NY, Arizona, Kansas City and Cleveland will all be looking for QB's this year. I dont think any of them will be enamored with the rookies available.

Smith could be the best option available. Flacco is a free agent but there is no way Baltimore lets him go. Unless teams fall in love with the likes of Tavaris Jackson, Matt Moore and Jason Campbell.

KC looks like a good fit for Geno Smith. Matt Barkley and Tyler Wilson are not starters.

This could be a good year to offer up Smith to one of those other AFC teams for a few picks.
Share 49ersWebzone