There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who's #1 - So far?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000097747/article/2013-nfl-draft-utah-dt-star-lotulelei-primed-to-go-no-1
You remember the last time a ute went first overall
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,543
ok guys, i am terrible about college fb so i am leaving alot of gaps. i know notre dame has a really good safety linebacker guy who may be the best player in the country on defense. Ok, from what i have seen, I think that is exactly the type of person we need to help compliment our defense esp if goldson leaves. now i know you guys who are smarter than me know who i am talking about... Can we get this guy? i assume we draft late. would it be expensive to move up for him? what would it take? do you agree he would be awesome for us? lot of questions and i am sorry but i am really not very smart about college fb. thank you cc
Are we talking 1st in this upcoming draft? If so I would say Geno Smith QB West Virginia
Yeah, first consensus overall pick.
Right now my top 15.

In no order, just by position

QB EJ Manual, Florida State
QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan
OT James Hurst, North Carolina
OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
OLB Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
ILB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
DE Sam Montgomery, LSU
DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State
NT Star Lotulelei, Utah
CB Jonathan Banks, Mississippi State
CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon State

One more If I could, Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina OG.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,726
Originally posted by gold49digger:
You remember the last time a ute went first overall

doesn't matter.... this is the Pac 12 Baby!
Originally posted by cciowa:
ok guys, i am terrible about college fb so i am leaving alot of gaps. i know notre dame has a really good safety linebacker guy who may be the best player in the country on defense. Ok, from what i have seen, I think that is exactly the type of person we need to help compliment our defense esp if goldson leaves. now i know you guys who are smarter than me know who i am talking about... Can we get this guy? i assume we draft late. would it be expensive to move up for him? what would it take? do you agree he would be awesome for us? lot of questions and i am sorry but i am really not very smart about college fb. thank you cc

What's a safety linebacker?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Right now my top 15.

In no order, just by position

QB EJ Manual, Florida State
QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan
OT James Hurst, North Carolina
OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
OLB Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
ILB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
DE Sam Montgomery, LSU
DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State
NT Star Lotulelei, Utah
CB Jonathan Banks, Mississippi State
CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon State

One more If I could, Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina OG.


Manual has to be developed but has tons of upside. His big strength I think is his football mentality. No way he goes in the first. Smith is getting exposed. I think he may get over drafted but won't pan out. Both have tons more upside than Barkley. The more I watch Jones the more questions I have about his pass rush ability. Yeah he's super super fast. Von Miller fast. The thing is how often he gets blocked by TE and FBs. NFL tackles will be able to dominate him. Star is a Star. I've watched Moore guy reminds me of Aldon. At 21 he has tons of upside. I'll have to watch Poyer more.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,543
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by cciowa:
ok guys, i am terrible about college fb so i am leaving alot of gaps. i know notre dame has a really good safety linebacker guy who may be the best player in the country on defense. Ok, from what i have seen, I think that is exactly the type of person we need to help compliment our defense esp if goldson leaves. now i know you guys who are smarter than me know who i am talking about... Can we get this guy? i assume we draft late. would it be expensive to move up for him? what would it take? do you agree he would be awesome for us? lot of questions and i am sorry but i am really not very smart about college fb. thank you cc

What's a safety linebacker?
i thought the linebacker guy from notre dame can also play some safety,, I am sorry, i told you i am not very smart about college fb,, i was just asking if you guys think we could move up to get him
i gonna go on defense on this draft mostly for jarvis jones and manti te'o at least at this moment. if geno smith and barkley has a stunning performance on scouting combine and senior bowl, then they might be considered for be top overall pick.


Barkley?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,543
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
i gonna go on defense on this draft mostly for jarvis jones and manti te'o at least at this moment. if geno smith and barkley has a stunning performance on scouting combine and senior bowl, then they might be considered for be top overall pick.

would the linebacker from notre dame guy be there if we draft late or would we have to move up? what would we give cuz from what i hear he could be awesome for us
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
i gonna go on defense on this draft mostly for jarvis jones and manti te'o at least at this moment. if geno smith and barkley has a stunning performance on scouting combine and senior bowl, then they might be considered for be top overall pick.

would the linebacker from notre dame guy be there if we draft late or would we have to move up? what would we give cuz from what i hear he could be awesome for us

He'll go early in the 1st. Probably in the Patrick Willis range. I've not heard much about him playing safety. Normally it goes the other way since the LB position requires less speed, and if the player has safety speed he'll likely be playing in the secondary in college. As far as I know, he's strictly a MLB. But there are some safeties that will be available later in the 1st. A strong safety out of Texas is likely on the radar.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,543
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
i gonna go on defense on this draft mostly for jarvis jones and manti te'o at least at this moment. if geno smith and barkley has a stunning performance on scouting combine and senior bowl, then they might be considered for be top overall pick.

would the linebacker from notre dame guy be there if we draft late or would we have to move up? what would we give cuz from what i hear he could be awesome for us

He'll go early in the 1st. Probably in the Patrick Willis range. I've not heard much about him playing safety. Normally it goes the other way since the LB position requires less speed, and if the player has safety speed he'll likely be playing in the secondary in college. As far as I know, he's strictly a MLB. But there are some safeties that will be available later in the 1st. A strong safety out of Texas is likely on the radar.
thank you.,. i am way out of my league when it comes to college football,, all i know is that i hate the iowa hawkeyes