There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

RB needs?

Kendall Hunter has continued to improve this year. He's not as good as Frank in blitz pick up, but is he the heir apparent? He's not a huge guy, but if they platoon him with another guy to keep him fresh, is he good enough to be the feature back?
I doubt we draft a RB. If anything, maybe we sign one as an UDFA to put on the practice squad. I wish we could get Stephan Taylor, but that would be too much of a luxury.
Gore 3rd round pick nearing his peak.
Hunter 4th round pick entering his prime soon.
James 2nd round pick rookie with electric speed.

Brandon Jacobs continues to baffle me and I don't believe Anthony Dixon will last much longer on this team, regardless of how much I like his presence on the team. In a hypothetical scenario where Gore did decide to retire, I question whether Hunter/James could handle the load but they haven't earned a fair shot yet. If we do draft a RB expect it to be no higher than a 5th and that's a generous assumption.
I don't feel we'll draft a RB UNLESS someone of fantastic value falls to us.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I don't feel we'll draft a RB UNLESS someone of fantastic value falls to us.

marcus lattimore?
Hunter is more of a complement to Gore not a substitute; Gore turns 30 next year...I wouldnt rule out drafting us a RB early.
I think Frank could go 2013 and 2014 yet and finish out his contract. Would be great if he could finish strong and finish with 10,000 plus yards rushing and get around 25th all time. He's doing well for a guy a lot of people wanted gone 2 years ago. I'll admit he does look a lot fresher and is running harder than he has in years. I'm not worried about a replacement with him, Hunter and James but I do see Jacobs being gone and I would get a power RB who can play ST and replace Dixon.
We'll bring another guy in next year. I'm a little bummed we missed on David Wilson. I think he's a future star.

Speaking of the draft, I really wanted Alshon Jeffrey too. Oh well, he probably wishes he was a 49er after Monday's beat down.

I don't expect Jacobs to come back next year, so that'll leave another spot on team for a RB. With Gore, Hunter and James, I don't think we'll spend an early pick on the position. A late rounder or UDFA would make sense. I think we'll dump Brandon and replace him with another sizable back.
KENYON BARNER. We could have a Quack Attack in the offensive backfield.
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:

im not a duck fan but how does he fare as an NFL prospect
In my 2012 draft class, I had Vick Ballard, who has turned out to be a real stud in Indi. You can never have too many RB's in the NFL.

The Niners really need to look at a workhorse load RB, since they have two smaller backs on the roster in Hunter and James. So, I'd pretty much scratch any sub-210 pounder off the list. A guy to keep an eye out for is Texas A&M Christine Michael. He needs to check out in off the field issues, and his ACL needs a good look, but the guy is loaded with talent.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

He's so dominating that he's hard to guage. Oregon takes him out before halftime because he's usually approaching 200 yards rushing with multiple TDs. But the limited amount of tape of him that's out there is nothing but highlight reel material. When he eats a burger it gets on Sportscenter Top Ten Plays.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

He's so dominating that he's hard to guage. Oregon takes him out before halftime because he's usually approaching 200 yards rushing with multiple TDs. But the limited amount of tape of him that's out there is nothing but highlight reel material. When he eats a burger it gets on Sportscenter Top Ten Plays.

would you say hes better than lmj?
How about Knile Davis from Arkansas? Similar story to Frank Gore in terms of injury history, but was considered a top prospect going into 2011 before he got hurt.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
In my 2012 draft class, I had Vick Ballard, who has turned out to be a real stud in Indi. You can never have too many RB's in the NFL.

The Niners really need to look at a workhorse load RB, since they have two smaller backs on the roster in Hunter and James. So, I'd pretty much scratch any sub-210 pounder off the list. A guy to keep an eye out for is Texas A&M Christine Michael. He needs to check out in off the field issues, and his ACL needs a good look, but the guy is loaded with talent.

It' s true. Last year you were a big fan of Vic Ballard and you were right.
What's your opinion about Mike Gillislee. I like him a lot but i don't see many fans of him in the zone