LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 324 users in the forums

Would you take Matt Barkley in the 2nd?

No, he's just another overrated USC QB.
No!
Wont draft a qb
Hi guys. I'm new here and glad to join niners fandom. Back to the topic, I don't see how could he falls to 2nd round and even if that happens, Kaepernick is far superior than him. Colin only needs time and reps with first team for be our QB of future while I compare Matt Barkley with Tony Romo (and it's not a compliment).
NO ! but maybe 32 pick trade down to some fool! Colin and scott we will see how they turn out
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SFrush:
No, he's just another overrated USC QB.

This.
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
Hi guys. I'm new here and glad to join niners fandom. Back to the topic, I don't see how could he falls to 2nd round and even if that happens, Kaepernick is far superior than him. Colin only needs time and reps with first team for be our QB of future while I compare Matt Barkley with Tony Romo (and it's not a compliment).

Welcome to the jungle!!!! Just playing I think C.K. is the future its hard right now with the Q.B. Alex is doing a good job it hard! IMO
Not in 2nd rd!!!! Maybe later ... At this point he looks like a career back-up!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Much rather have Aaron Murray!!! I'd definitely take him in the 2nd. if he was 4 inches taller he'd be a 1st round pick.
matt barkley throws floaters that will get picked in the nfl.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Kari Van Horn ‏@KariVanHorn

RT @InsideUSC: USC coach Lane Kiffin said Matt Barkley is out for Notre Dame
NO. First of all I think he is greatly overrated Secondly, the Niners dont need to draft a QB early in this draft. The defense has to be the priority in all the early rounds of next years draft. OLB, DE, NT, CB.. all needs.
Originally posted by GoforJimmy:
Would be a bargain pick if he was there in the 2nd, especially given his shoulder injury. Would you pick him in the second, just in case Kaep doesn't work out?

NO!
This is dumb - Barkley is still going to be the #1 overall pick.

And any talk of height is ridiculous. Most of the modern era hall of fame QBs are 6-2 or 6-3. That seems like the optimal zone.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
This is dumb - Barkley is still going to be the #1 overall pick.

And any talk of height is ridiculous. Most of the modern era hall of fame QBs are 6-2 or 6-3. That seems like the optimal zone.

god I hope I remember to bump this when he's not
Share 49ersWebzone