LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

SunDevil Big Board 2013

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I think Vance McDonald deserves to be somewhere in the top 10 list of TEs.

its a pre-senior bowl list. He will be added on the post-senior bowl update.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Originally posted by DVDA:
Do you really like T.J. McDonald? From what I've seen he looks like a slightly better player than Taylor Mays.

They are completely different players.

I didn't say anything about them playing similarly, just that they are similar in how average they are as football players.
SD79...who do you think the future stars are in this draft? Who are some guys you'd like to see the Niners go after, even if it means trading up?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
SD79...who do you think the future stars are in this draft? Who are some guys you'd like to see the Niners go after, even if it means trading up?

Future Stars - IMO the best locks to be stars are DT Star Lutulelei, LT Luke Joeckell, and CB Jonthan Banks. I feel confident those 3 will be stars. I know Joeckell is now considered a top pick, but I've been riding his bandwagon since the start of year (when A&M played LSU I said it would decide if Joeckell is the #1 pick). Banks, I don't get his lack of love, everything you'd want in a corner. And ofcourse everyone knows about Star.

Players Niners should target:
-QB: Honestly unless some QBs fall big time I don't think its a position for us to draft this year if we lose Smith. I don't see many QBs that fit the Kaepernick mold that we can grab late and develop. If QB EJ Manuel is around in the 4th, we take him.

-RB: Again, I don't think we should take one just because we are filled with RBs until Gore steps down (and then we have Hunter/LaMike). Grabbing Randle in the 3rd or later is a good value pick, grabbing Franklin in the 4th or later would be a great value pick.

-WR: Aaron Dobson from Marshall. I'be been riding this guys bandwagon for a long time, one of the best WRs in the class in ability to catch (espicially away from the body), talented route runner, big (6-2) and exmtrely strong. Maybe compare him to an Anquan Boldin with more speed? I would not mind reaching for him in the 1st or grabbing him in the 2nd

-O-Line: Brian Winters frmo Kent State was my sleeper. At the senior bowl he moved OT to OG and isn't big enough to play OT. Wouldn't mind taking him at all in the 2nd/3rd as a back up lineman.

-D-Line: Sylvester Williams, DT of North Carolina has been the guy I think we should target for a long time. I think he would be a great protege of Justin Smith. Also wouldn't mind us going Kawann Short, Shariff Floyd or Jessee Williams with our 1st, but I think all 3 will be gone by then.

-Linebackers: Quanterus Smith, Western Kentucky. Coach of WKU is Willie Taggart, former RB coach under Harbaugh at Stanford. Smith got hurt and won't be at the combine, so he is going to slide. I'm hoping Harbaugh gets the inside info on him and takes him in the mid rounds.

-Cornerbacks: Jordan Poyer of Oregon State is a legit corner and playmaker, if he falls to us in the 1st, going to be real hard to pass on him. In the later rounds I'd like for us to go for Logan Ryan of Rutgers or Blidi Wreh-WIlson of UCONN.

-Safety: Jonathan Cyprien is a stud and I like Tony Jefferson a lot too. In a late round, would love for us to give Cooper Taylor of Richmond a shot. A supersized safety at 6-4 220lbs, once played at Georgia Tech but took a season off due to medial issue (heartbeat), lost his job and transferred out.
Bump, did top 64 Big Board pre-combine (see first post) for those curious
Post Combine Top 100:

http://pigskinprospects.com/andrews-big-board/

A lot of big changes on the board for me

Update on positional rankings will be coming soon.
Based on your new rankings... the Niners could just load up on defense. Getting these 4 would be SICK

1) Datrone Jones DE
2) Jonathan Banks CB
2B) John Jenkins DT
3A Jamie Collins OLB
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Had to recheck the date of this post when I saw Shane Skovs name on there. Would absolutely love to draft Skov, I'm sure we can find a place for him on the D.
For the people talking about Dobson, that's the kind of leaping ability I think the niners passing game is missing. Crab is the only guy that can get up but teams will start doubling him.

I am also a big fan of Justin Hunter and Cordarelle Patterson(although not a big jump ball guy)
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Damn, Zach Ertz is earning my #2 TE position tonight!!!

I like him at 34 especially if Walker doesn't resign

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Based on your new rankings... the Niners could just load up on defense. Getting these 4 would be SICK

1) Datrone Jones DE
2) Jonathan Banks CB
2B) John Jenkins DT
3A Jamie Collins OLB

Is that really what you want to do with the 1st 4 picks?
Originally posted by eonblue:

1) Datrone Jones DE
2) Jonathan Banks CB
2B) John Jenkins DT
3A Jamie Collins OLB

The first 3 would be for sure. I might take DaRick Rogers instead of Collins. I could see either of them being good value there.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Mar 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:

1) Datrone Jones DE
2) Jonathan Banks CB
2B) John Jenkins DT
3A Jamie Collins OLB

Yes. It really is. I think it would solidy the Niners DL and give them a starting corner and big time pass rushing OLB. I would then use the 2nd 3rd rd pick for a WR.

I like it myself too.
That's really good looking top 64 ya got, SunDevil. I'm amazed at how underrated Poyer is on some other sites. I still think Justin Hunter should be bumped on your list about a dozen spots... but overall .
Maybe I missed it somewhere in this thread, but how can you not have Eric Reid as one of your top 5 safeties (I saw him listed on the link post, but not the first page of this thread)? I personally think he's the top FS in the draft, but I realize that's always debatable. But to not have him anywhere on either FS or SS list? Any particular reason?
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Mar 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone