There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Geek's Mock Plan v1.0

Originally posted by PTulini:
As long as we draft a tall, more physical WR. We tried Braylon Edwards (FAILED) and we know Randy Moss is only a short-term solution. I think we need a WR with a combination of size and speed.

brayon actually looked great unfortunatly he was plagued with injuries for all but 2 games

i do think we will get a tall big WR i like marquees wilson a lot and his stock is dropping his coach does not like him for some reason but he has all the tools ou look for in a WR also it doesnt help him that he is on a very very crappy team he can be had in maybe 2nd or 3rd round

really we do have too many variables to decide what were going to do in the draft depends on if goldson leaves or not and FA

FS OLB NT DE all are posibilities depending on offseason

i dont see WR as a concern atm

moss will go but jenkins will take over as our deep threat/ strech the field guy

and in addition we have crabtree and manningham and KW

true we dont have tat tall physical WR but in our tpe of offesne that is not needed
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
brayon actually looked great unfortunatly he was plagued with injuries for all but 2 games

i do think we will get a tall big WR i like marquees wilson a lot and his stock is dropping his coach does not like him for some reason but he has all the tools ou look for in a WR also it doesnt help him that he is on a very very crappy team he can be had in maybe 2nd or 3rd round

really we do have too many variables to decide what were going to do in the draft depends on if goldson leaves or not and FA

moss will go but jenkins will take over as our deep threat/ strech the field guy

true we dont have tat tall physical WR but in our tpe of offesne that is not needed

Yeah I'm really not seeing were that tall physical receiver is going to get any playing time. Jenkins will step in Moss's spot. Manningham only has 1 year left, and Crabtree's next contract could be a ticking time bomb so I'm not against taking a receiver early I just think for next year whoever we draft at receiver will once have again have zero impact.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
who is the return man?

LaMichael James, A.J. Jenkins, Perrish Cox, and Kyle Williams could all handle KR/PR duties.

I'd like to see:

KR: James
PR: Cox

Look at Perrish Cox's college stats on KR and PR duties. Very impressive.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/perrish-cox-1.html
Originally posted by GEEK:
who is the return man?

LaMichael James, A.J. Jenkins, Perrish Cox, and Kyle Williams could all handle KR/PR duties.

I'd like to see:

I'm a big supporter of using Cox. James didnt impress me at all.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
who is the return man?

I'd like to see:

James had limited opportunities, though. Give him a fair shake.
Sorry I stopped reading after I didnt see BIG ICE not resighned.....
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Yeah I'm really not seeing were that tall physical receiver is going to get any playing time. Jenkins will step in Moss's spot. Manningham only has 1 year left, and Crabtree's next contract could be a ticking time bomb so I'm not against taking a receiver early I just think for next year whoever we draft at receiver will once have again have zero impact.

While I know we still haven't seen what AJ Jenkins can do, I can't help thinking that Stephen Hill would have been a much better fit in this offense.
who is the return man?

I'd like to see:

James had limited opportunities, though. Give him a fair shake.

wasn't he doing this in college....catching kicks doesn't get harder in the NFL
center should be our #1 priority now
IMO, DE is our #1 priority now.

We are not getting the pressure on the opposing QB's and our LB's are getting hit and our secondary is getting beat.

The man CRogers covered caught all 9 of the passes that came his way and would have been much worse if the 80 yarder to Amendola didn't come back on a penalty.

Partially his fault but not entirely.

Ray Mac is VERY inconsistent and Justin is always getting double-teamed. Ice is melting and was getting pushed around. Our DLine rotation is a work in-progress and if Dobbs, Tuk and Wialliams were really good, they'd be a real rotation.

We, IMO, need a DLine force in this draft.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/49ers-film-review-vs-Rams?blockID=801369&feedID=5936

Good analysis of the game.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
wasn't he doing this in college....catching kicks doesn't get harder in the NFL

Yes and no. He only fielded 2 punts as a sophomore and 15 as a junior only 1 kickoff as a freshman and 2 as a junior. Still very raw as a return man. Also the typical college special team group is less athletic or quick giving james a better sense of security while waiting for the ball.
Originally posted by Marsh:
U don't think there are bigger issues?
Good Centers are hard to find, in general. And Goodwin will be 34 and a FA. Let's agree that Center is one of the bigger needs.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Marsh:
U don't think there are bigger issues?
Good Centers are hard to find, in general. And Goodwin will be 34 and a FA. Let's agree that Center is one of the bigger needs.

Not FA. He is due $5M next season -- He'll likely be cut or restructured.
Very well thought out. Geek, you put some time into this anaylsis. Keeping Gooden and McBath are solid moves. Resigning Goldson and extending Whitner is a key for maintaining the D. I've been watching the Oregon games and the guy that always pops up is Alonso, he's in the right place at the right time. His first year he'd bring the special teams back to elite status.