There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WSU WR Marquess Wilson leaves the team

• sfout
  • Veteran
Fresh off 49-6 beating provided by my Utes(shameless plug I know but I have to take pride where I can this season), WSU HC Mike Leach announced that Wilson was suspended for the ever generic term of "violation of team rules". The article does not mention the length of the suspension but it will be interesting to see how it affects Wilsons draft stock.

He was also demoted from his starting role earlier in the year but has still found a way to lead the team in receptions (52), yards (813), touchdowns (5). As a junior he could still opt to go back to school but IMHO he might get while the gettings good. Especially with the Cougars spiraling downward on a 5 game losing streak.

According to Mel Kiper he is currently the 6th ranked wide receiver and 50th overall prospect.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8596007/washington-state-cougars-suspend-star-receiver-marquess-wilson
[ Edited by sfout on Nov 5, 2012 at 4:21 PM ]
Damn this guys is talented too. He will be a steal in the draft for whoever drafts him.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Damn this guys is talented too. He will be a steal in the draft for whoever drafts him.

My guess is he comes out now. But he will drop, reports are he has a poor work ethic
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

My guess is he comes out now. But he will drop, reports are he has a poor work ethic

watch his combine and workouts skyrocket him, Leach isn't the most credible source either, Wilson has 1st round TALENT
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

watch his combine and workouts skyrocket him, Leach isn't the most credible source either, Wilson has 1st round TALENT

Here is one take on situation.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/20837075/

Diva wide receivers are nothing new in the NFL. I still expect that he will go in the 2nd or 3rd round.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Here is one take on situation.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/20837075/

Diva wide receivers are nothing new in the NFL. I still expect that he will go in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Leach is obviously trying to exert dominance on the team. Showing that the team is more important then a player, hopefully it doesn't backfire on him. He'll get taken in the second at the latest, like I said above he is the 6th best WR according to ESPN and thats pre-combine. I think his workouts will give him a boost up to top 30 - 45 discussion.
dude is from my home town
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

I had a kid from my high school named Marquis Wilson go the University of Utah, then he got kicked off the team and then I heard ESPN highlights on this Marquess Wilson and was like WTF!? Thankfully it wasn't the same guy lol.
This guy is a beast like him a lot good player on a bad team

From a physical standpoint he is top 10 talent huge upside
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Nov 6, 2012 at 8:19 AM ]
He has the same last name as me.. Do whatever it takes to draft him!
Originally posted by sfout:

I had a kid from my high school named Marquis Wilson go the University of Utah, then he got kicked off the team and then I heard ESPN highlights on this Marquess Wilson and was like WTF!? Thankfully it wasn't the same guy lol.

yeah we are actually decent friends, too bad he's an idiot
Stanford coach David Shaw: "Marqise Lee is the best college WR I've seen since I scouted Randy Moss.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Stanford coach David Shaw: "Marqise Lee is the best college WR I've seen since I scouted Randy Moss.

too bad he wont be in the draft until next season and will be a top 5 pick like CJ and Green.

yeah we are actually decent friends, too bad he's an idiot

Hopefully he gets his act together then lol

[ Edited by PTulini on Nov 9, 2012 at 6:12 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
UPDATE****************************

Marquess Wilson was indefinitely suspended and has subsequently left the team

http://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/article/20121110/NEWS/311100029/Marquess-Wilson-leaves-Washington-State-football-team?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Wilson cites "physical, emotional, and verbal abuse" by Leach causing his decision to walk out on a Sunday workout(what caused the suspension) and has since decided to leave the team altogether.

No telling what this does to Wilson's stock or if he choses to transfer to a new school.