LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

My 2 Round 2013 Mock Draft

I dont think the saints have a first rounder this year!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by All-Done-sit99:
I dont think the saints have a first rounder this year!

Saints forfeit their second round pick.

http://www.gbnreport.com/trades.htm
  • buck
  • Veteran
Overrated. I never liked Barkley. I have him in late 2nd early 3rd, unfortunately for him there are only 30 picks in rd 2 due to Saints and Browns losing them, Saints for bounty, and Browns for Josh Gordon in Supp draft.

If we can convince the Panthers to continue losing, the third round pick we get from them could in essence become a second round pick.
Right now, the Panthers one spot away from having the first pick in the draft.
Good mock. Why is there no love for Eddie Lacy. He may be one of the best and most underrated back in the country because he shares carries in Alabama. He will get more love once he runs a 4.4 forty at the combine.
and Houston plays who in the AFC championship game?
I like TJ McDonald...but as a strong safety!

I think that after the combine teams will grade him out more in the SS slot and will be a 2nd or 3rd round pick as a result. That would be a good pick though.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by Milkman:
Umm... did I miss out on Matt Barkley recently dying or something?

yeah it was that car wreck that crippled robert woods making him a 2nd rd pick in this draft

For the Arizona picks, why not some O-Line help in the 1st or 2nd? not questioning your picks, just wondering the reasoning.
Also, im glad you helped me slightly answer one of my questions about the Jets. Someone had them drafting a Qb in the 1st round but I was questioning if the problem is really Mark Sanchez or if its his lack of help.
Last thing: Assume we retain Goldson and let ICE walk. what would your two picks be then?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by martysofresh:
For the Arizona picks, why not some O-Line help in the 1st or 2nd? not questioning your picks, just wondering the reasoning.
Also, im glad you helped me slightly answer one of my questions about the Jets. Someone had them drafting a Qb in the 1st round but I was questioning if the problem is really Mark Sanchez or if its his lack of help.
Last thing: Assume we retain Goldson and let ICE walk. what would your two picks be then?

IMHO If we retain Goldson our first 2 picks will go to the defensive line, a DT and a NT. Only if we lose Goldson do we go after a FS with our 1st pick. In a perfect world I could see our first FOUR picks going to defense: DE, NT, OLB, ILB with the only wild card being ILB(if we retain both Grant and Gooden, even then we have Wilhoite on the PS that the coaches love) and swap it out for a center to compete with Kilgore if we cut Goodwin or he retires.

Only offensive positions that are up for grab are #2 TE(walker FA), Center(Goodwin possible cap cut), #4 WR(If Moss retires or leaves), #5 WR(If Ginn leaves), #4 RB(if Jacobs leaves). With 12+ picks and viable alternatives to nearly all 13 of our free agents already on the team or PS we could afford to load up on defensive depth.
Last year many figured OG would be picked early. Niners felt comfortable with Alex Boone and he may be a Pro Bowler this year. My point is maybe the future Center is on the roster. Joe Looney or Dan Kilgore. IMO

My new 3 round mock is up.

http://www.draftwatchers.com/2013-Mock/4-4th-2013-Mock-Draft.html

Rd 1- Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
Rd 2- Sylvester Williams, NT, North Carolina
Rd 3- Jackson Jeffcoat, OLB, Texas
Rd 3- Dalton Freeman, C, Clemson
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
My new 3 round mock is up.

http://www.draftwatchers.com/2013-Mock/4-4th-2013-Mock-Draft.html

Rd 1- Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
Rd 2- Sylvester Williams, NT, North Carolina
Rd 3- Jackson Jeffcoat, OLB, Texas
Rd 3- Dalton Freeman, C, Clemson

Niners would have a great draft if this happend. Would address every position with quality picks. Vaccaro can play both safety positions
Great work AB...but you aren't projecting Tank Carradine to be drafted in the first 3 rounds? I think he will get drafted before Brandon Jenkins.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Are my eyes going bad....or is Matt Barkley, Landry Jones and Tyler Wilson not in that 1st and 2nd round??

I do love the picks btw AB that would be awesome if that happen!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Are my eyes going bad....or is Matt Barkley, Landry Jones and Tyler Wilson not in that 1st and 2nd round??

I do love the picks btw AB that would be awesome if that happen!!!

Tyler Wilson is in rd 2 to Arizona. Not high on Barkley, and Jones I always felt was system guy.
Share 49ersWebzone