There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My 2 Round 2013 Mock Draft

http://www.draftwatchers.com/2013-Mock/3-3rd-2013-Mock-Draft.html

1. Kansas City Chiefs - QB Geno Smith, West Virginia

Analysis: After securing the top spot in the draft, the Chiefs go with who they think is the next great QB in Smith.

2. Carolina Panthers - CB Jonathan Banks, Mississippi State

Analysis: The Panthers will be having a fire sale, and cleaning house, but CB is a need nonetheless, and Banks is the top shutdown CB in this class.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M

Analysis: The Jaguars are excited to get the top rated Tackle in Joeckel to block for Blaine Gabbert and Maurice Jones-Drew.

4. Cleveland Browns - OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M

Analysis: The draft board has been shaken up, and the Browns now own the 4th pick, and m,iss out on Joeckel, but take his teammate at Texas A&M, Jake Matthews.

5. New Orleans Saints - OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia

Analysis: The Saints keep losing, and keep getting into better range for the pass rushing beast out of Georgia known as Jarvis Jones.

6. St. Louis Rams (f/Washington Redskins) - OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan

Analysis: The Rams, who have this pick from the RG3 trade, take advantage of the Redskins poor start by taking the 3rd rated tackle in Lewan. He should help on the O-Line, which has Rodger Saffold, Harvey Dahl and Scott Wells as set at 3 of the 5 spots.

7. New York Jets - DE/OLB Sam Montgomery, LSU

Analysis: Montgomery is able to play DE and also OLB, which is where he would see most action, as a pass rusher, since the Jets have an aging defensive front 7.

8. Tennessee Titans - NT Star Loutulelei, Utah

Analysis: The Titans need some beef up front on the inside of the defensive line, and Louteleli is a big force for the Utes.

9. St. Louis Rams - OG Chance Warmack, Alabama

Analysis: The Rame keep building there offensive line by taking Warmack, which gives them a nice starting 5.

10. Oakland Raiders - OT James Hurst, North Carolina

Analysis: The Raiders have a need at Tackle, and Hurst is the best available, so they snatch him up.

11. San Diego Chargers - DE/DT Kawann Short, Purdue

Analysis: The Chargers keep falling down the draft boards, and with that they get a tremendous talent at DE in Short.

12. Cincinnati Bengals - OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama

Analysis: The Bengals need a tackle, especially after Andre Smith became a total bust after being a top pick a few years ago.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - CB Jordan Poyer, Oregon State

Analysis: The Bucs are in the need for a CB with the likelyhood of Aquib Talib not factoring into the teams future.

14. Buffalo Bills - QB E.J. Manual, Florida State

Analysis: The Bills need a QB, and are lucky Manual falls to them, as he shouldn't be here, but with no dire needs by any other team, he is here for the Bills.

15. Philadelphia Eagles - DE/OLB Bjoern Werner, Florida State

Analysis: The Eagles have already fired their defensive coordinator, and now they need to overhaul the defense, and Werner can help at DE and OLB as a pass rusher.

16. Dallas Cowboys - OLB Corey Lemonier, Auburn

Analysis: The Cowboys could be in need for a OLB in case Anthony Spencer is no longer a Cowboy.

17. Detroit Lions - CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State

Analysis: The Lions need to overhaul their secondary big time, and Rhodes would be a nice start, along with retaining Louis Delmas in free agency.

18. Seattle Seahawks - WR Kennan Allen, California

Analysis: The Seahawks need some help at WR, as the Sidney Rice signing has looked like a total bust, and they have no help for the future beyond Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin.

19. Arizona Cardinals - OLB Barkevious Mingo, LSU

Analysis: The Cardinals need to be better at tackling, and Mingo brings solid tackling and pass rush ability.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers - ILB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame

Analysis: The Steelers are in need for a future at ILB, and Te'o is the best in the draft, and he should go higher with a trade up.

21. Denver Broncos - OLB/ILB C.J. Mosley, Alabama

Analysis: The Broncos can use a solid linebacker, who can play all over the field, just like Patriiots 1st rounder last year, from Alabama, Dont'a Hightower.

22. Indianapolis Colts - NT Jonathan Hankins, Ohio State

Analysis: The Colts need some beef up inside on the D-Line. And Hankins is a big man.

23. Miami Dolphins - WR Terrance Williams, Baylor

Analysis: The Dolphins clearly need a threat at WR, they have only Brian Hartline who has a serious future with them. So getting a solid WR in Williams will help tremendously.

24. New England Patriots - WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee

Analysis: The Patriots need to get some youth at WR, the future of Wes Welker is uncertain, and they have the in and out of Deion Branch, so the future needs to be addressed now.

25. Minnesota Vikings - CB David Amerson, N.C. State

Analysis: The Vikings needs a CB badly with current starter Antoine Winfield not getting any younger, so getting a solid shutdown CB this low is a big win for the Vikings.

26. Green Bay Packers - S Eric Reid, LSU

Analysis: The Packers need a Safety big time, especially with Nick Collins no longer a Packer, so Reid makes sense as a hard hitting safety.

27. Baltimore Ravens - C Barrett Jones, Alabama

Analysis: The Ravens do have a solid Center in Matt Birk, but he can't play forever, so they need to add a big OL for the future, who can play all over the O-Line.

28. New York Giants - TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame

Analysis: The Giants have no threat at TE, outside of Martellius Bennett, so the top TE Eifert makes sense here.

29. San Francisco 49ers - S T.J. McDonald, USC

Analysis: The 49ers will need a safety if they don't give in and give Dashon Goldson a multi year deal worth near $8 million a year that he is seeking, so McDonald makes sense.

30. Chicago Bears - S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas

Analysis: The Bears can use an upgrade at Safety, and Vaccaro is a solid Safety, and the best available on the board.

31. Houston Texans - NT Jonathan Jenkins, Georgia

Analysis: The Texans need a NT, they just need a big body, to stuff the run, and Jenkins is just that.

32. Atlanta Falcons - CB Desmond Trufant, Washington

Analysis: The Falcons may need a CB as Dunta Robinson hasn't been the CB they thought he was when he signed from Houston, and Brent Grimes may leave now, due to injury, as a free agent.

Round 2

33. Carolina Panthers - WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia

Analysis: The Panthers need some youth, and future at WR, as Steve Smith can't play forever.

34. Jacksonville Jaguars - WR Stedman Bailey, West Virginia

Analysis: The Jags just dealt Mike Thomas, who underachieved, so they will need a speedster like Bailey.

35. Kansas City Chiefs - OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina

Analysis: The Chiefs are thin at Guard, and Cooper is the best available, so why not takle tghis big and nasty Guard in Cooper.

36. New York Jets - WR Robert Woods, USC

Analysis: The Jets may need a WR if Santonio Holmes isn't fully recovered, or is let go, All they have after Holmes is Stephen Hill, their 2012 2nd-round pick. Woods is a fast, and tall WR.

37. Tennessee Titans - CB Micah Hyde, Iowa

Analysis: Besides Jason McCourty, the Titans are thin at CB, so bringing in Iowa's top CB would be a big win for them.

38. St. Louis Rams - OLB Jelani Jenkins, Florida

Analysis: The Rams need some help at OLB, and Jenkins is coming on lately.

39. Washington Redskins - S Robert Lester, Alabama

Analysis: The Redskins are in need of a starter at Safety, since Madieu Williams is a stop gap, and Tanard Jackson's future is unknown.

40. San Diego Chargers - RB Montee Ball, Wisconsin

Analysis: Following the injury to Marcus Latttimore, Ball now becomes my top back, and with San Diego needing help there, as Ronnie Brown and Jackie Battle aren't long term answers, so why noit get a tough back, with good size and speed.

41. Cincinnati Bengals - DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida

Analysis: The Bengals have needs on the defensive line, with Pat Sims a free agent to be, and Floyd will give them some good size in the middle of that front 4.

42. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - WR DaRick Rogers, Tennessee Tech

Analysis: The Buccaneers did get a top WR in the offseason in Vincent Jackson, and have Mike Williams, but it's unknown of how well Arrelious Benn will turn out, and beyond that there isn't much, so taking the former Tennessee standout would help tremendously.

43. Buffalo Bills - OLB Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas

Analysis: The Bills could use some more tackling and pass rushing help, and Jeffcoat brings that, but his stock is falling due to an season ending injury,

44. Philadelphia Eagles - S Baccari Rambo, Georgia

Analysis: The Eagles cut former 2nd round pick Jaiquan Jarrett, and they need to find someone who will fill the need Jarrett had hope to bring, and Rambo should, as he has the potential.

45. Dallas Cowboys - C Khaled Holmes, USC

Analysis: The Cowboys have been trying to build their O-Line for years, and nnow need a Center of the future, and Holmes is the best one on the board.

46. Detroit Lions - DE William Gholston, Michigan State

Analysis: The Lions could be in dire need of a DE if Cliff Avril is let to leave in free agency.

47. Cincinnati Bengals (f/Oakland Raiders) - DE Bennie Logan, LSU

Analysis: The Bengals have added a new OT, DT and now DE in Bennie Logan from LSU, a good size for a Defensive End for them.

48. Arizona Cardinals - QB Tyler Wilson, Arkansas

Analysis: The Cards may need a new QB, as they have fallen off the radar after a 4-0 start, now losing their last 4 games. Wilson does have injury issues, but he is a great QB proospect.

49. Seattle Seahawks - OLB Brandon Jenkins, Florida State

Analysis: The Seahawks need an upgrade at OLB, and Jenkins, who's stock has fallen, is still a great pass rushing prospect to add to their stable.

50. Denver Broncos - OLB Damontre Moore, Texas A&M

Analysis: The Broncos could use a good OLB opposite Von Miller, and Moore is the guy for them. He is a pass rush beast, who is climbing draft boards.

51. Miami Dolphins (f/Indianapolis Colts) - ILB Nico Johnson, Alabama

Analysis: The Dolphins need to get youth in at ILB, as Karlos Dansby is both getting older, and is over paid.

52. Miami Dolphins - WR Marquess Wilson, Washington State

Analysis: The Dolphins did take a WR in round 1, but still need help there, so lets get another top notch WR in Wilson.

53. Pittsburgh Steelers - OLB Sean Porter, Texas A&M

Analysis: The Steelers keep adding youth to the linebacker core, and get it with Porter, who is like his teammate Damontre Moore, a pass rusher.

54. Minnesota Vikings - WR Tavarres King, Georgia

Analysis: The Vikings take Aaron Murray's top target at UGA, King is big, and a fast WR.

55. Green Bay Packers - RB Andre Ellington, Clemson

Analysis: The Packers need to get a real threat at RB, and Ellington is just that, he is fast and good size.

56. New England Patriots - NT Jesse Williams, Alabama

Analysis: The Pats could use a big NT for rotational on the D-Line. He would give Vince Wilfork some much needed and deserved rest.

57. Baltimore Ravens - ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford

Analysis: The Ravens may need a ILB sooner than they thought. Ray Lewis may or may not reture, but even if he doesn't then why not bring in someone for him to groom.

58. San Francisco 49ers - NT Sylvester Williams, North Carolina

Analysis: The 49ers could be needing a new NT if Isaac Sopoaga isn't brought back. So Williams provides a big NT for them inside that great defense.

59. New York Giants - CB Tyrann Mathieu, LSU

Analysis: The Giants have been hampered with injuries to the secondary for the last 2 seasons, and especially to Terrell Thomas, so they add former LSU standout Tyrann Mathieu to the CB core.

60. Houston Texans - OG Alvin Bailey, Arkansas

Analysis: The Texans are in need of Guard help, they don't seem set for the future.

61. Chicago Bears - DT A.J. Francis, Maryland

Analysis: The Bears could use help in the middle of the defensive line, and Francis has good size to help them in that area.

62. Atlanta Falcons - OT Ricky Wagner, Wisconsin

Analysis: The Falcons may need a Tackle if Sam Baker leaves via free agency.
Wow Mathieu in the 2nd even after his latest arrest on drug charges......I don't see that happening.
I'd rather have Vaccaro than McDonald if we go Safety in the 1st.
Originally posted by scoobyduu24:
Wow Mathieu in the 2nd even after his latest arrest on drug charges......I don't see that happening.

ah good eye, missed that, I saw former LSU player Jordan Jefferson, didn't realize also Mathieu.

Originally posted by Travisty13:

Right now I like McDonald as a Goldson like safety for us. I also am high on Vaccaro, it's really 50-50 between them 2 right now for me.
Umm... did I miss out on Matt Barkley recently dying or something?
Originally posted by Milkman:

yeah it was that car wreck that crippled robert woods making him a 2nd rd pick in this draft
Geno Smith #1? I know he's having a good season but he plays in a gimmicky offense. I dunno about that. Where is Barkley? EJ Manuel seems kind of overrated to me too, I'm not sure I like him as a top 15 QB. He's got a lot of talent but I dunno if I like the production to justify that pick. Woods is way too low. I would have Eric Reid a lot higher. I don't think Mathieu is this high after all the problems he's had(no pun intended). Where is Colin Klein? He has quite a bit of talent IMO if he decides to declare he should atleast be a 1st rounder.
i dont see john cooper making it to second round best gaurd in draft
We'll be picking at the 32 spot though. Beleed dat
Any mock draft done in November that has us picking at any spot other than 32 is a total fail IMO
Originally posted by Travisty13:

this

Overrated. I never liked Barkley. I have him in late 2nd early 3rd, unfortunately for him there are only 30 picks in rd 2 due to Saints and Browns losing them, Saints for bounty, and Browns for Josh Gordon in Supp draft.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Geno Smith #1? I know he's having a good season but he plays in a gimmicky offense. I dunno about that. Where is Barkley? EJ Manuel seems kind of overrated to me too, I'm not sure I like him as a top 15 QB. He's got a lot of talent but I dunno if I like the production to justify that pick. Woods is way too low. I would have Eric Reid a lot higher. I don't think Mathieu is this high after all the problems he's had(no pun intended). Where is Colin Klein? He has quite a bit of talent IMO if he decides to declare he should atleast be a 1st rounder.

I like Manual more, I just think Geno is the hot name, so I think KC goes with the guy they covet the most.
Originally posted by NYS49er:
i dont see john cooper making it to second round best gaurd in draft

I have him 2nd behind Chance Warmack of Alabama. Cooper will likely make round 1, I just didn't do trades, if so, I would find a spot for Cooper.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Overrated. I never liked Barkley. I have him in late 2nd early 3rd, unfortunately for him there are only 30 picks in rd 2 due to Saints and Browns losing them, Saints for bounty, and Browns for Josh Gordon in Supp draft.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I like Manual more, I just think Geno is the hot name, so I think KC goes with the guy they covet the most.

Fair enough. What about guys like Tyler Wilson and Aaron Murray? They were/are good QBs. I know Geno is the hot name, I'm just not sure he really has the physical tools to perform in the NFL like he has in college. What do you think of Colin Klein?
don't get your thinking on barkley...the draft is not rational if it's about qbs. the only rule is: take one as early as possible.
examples: locker, ponder, tannehill.

imo, there are more franchises out there with a need at qb than one assumes.