LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

with another loss today...

that 3rd pick of carolina's is looking to be pretty good
I know! That early 3rd gives 49ers so many options....

On a side note Carolina is a perfect example on signing (thru FA) instead of building thru Draft......not the way to build winners.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genz22:

On a side note Carolina is a perfect example on signing (thru FA) instead of building thru Draft......not the way to build winners.

they haven't signed any big money FAs all of their big spending signings were re-uping their own. If anything they are perfect example of not recognizing when to spend on outside talent.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:

Looking excellent, but Luck and the Colts are not helping us with the fourth round pick we get from them. .
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by hofer36:

Looking excellent, but Luck and the Colts are not helping us with the fourth round pick we get from them. .

Yeah but they still have to play Houston twice this season. I imagine they'll end up in the middle of the pack though. Pumped about that 3rd from Carolina now though.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by genz22:

they haven't signed any big money FAs all of their big spending signings were re-uping their own. If anything they are perfect example of not recognizing when to spend on outside talent.

Yeah I cant think of any big players they have that werent drafted by them.
Another great move by Baalke! Could now trade our own LATE 3rd round pick for someone like Dwayne Bowe. Colts pick will still be valuable in the mid 4th round.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Another great move by Baalke! Could now trade our own LATE 3rd round pick for someone like Dwayne Bowe. Colts pick will still be valuable in the mid 4th round.

i dont think they have cap room to take on a franchise contract like bowe has, without getting rid of some contracts
Holy smokes!

That pick could be number 1 in the third round, right now it would be top 3!
Yeah, I have been following the Panthers and the pick as well. Recap for those who forgot:

They traded their 3rd round pick to the Indianapolis Colts (92nd overall) for their 4th round pick (97th overall) and a 5th round pick in 2013.

Traded that pick down again to the Miami Dolphins for their 4th round pick (103rd pick overall), 6th round pick (196th overall) and a 6th round pick in 2013.

Immediately after that, the 49ers traded that 103rd pick to the Carolina Panthers for their 6th round pick (180th overall) and a 3rd round pick in 2013.

So to move down 5 spots they got a 5th round pick from Indy for this year. Then they moved down 6 spots and got a 6th last year and one this year. I believe the 6th for last year was used to move up a few spots with Detroit. Still have the 6th for this upcoming year from Miami. So then we take that 103 4th rounder (8th pick in the 4th) and could turn it into a top 3 in the 3rd plus a 6th for this year. So to recap for that original pick 92 3rd rounder (2nd from last in the round) we get a potential top 3 3rd round pick, 3 6s (2 of them left) and a 5th round pick.

would love to use that early 3rd on a swing tackle
Carolina is the gift that keeps on giving
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
would love to use that early 3rd on a swing tackle

Agree 110%
My top 5 needs.....
Defensive Line
Free Safety
Wide Receiver (big bodied)
Outside Linebacker
Offensive Tackle (swing)
Originally posted by dhp318:
Carolina is the gift that keeps on giving

Yeah, we got a 1st round pick from them (turned out to be Iupati) for a 2nd round pick the year before (Everrette Brown). You would think they would stop trading with us. Although, the guy they took Frank Alexander does have 2.5 sacks there team isn't better for it. I'm never a fan of trading a year's later round earlier pick for a round lower this year (example 4th this year for 3rd next, 3rd this year for 2nd next year). They did it a few years back for Armanti Edwards. Got pick 89 from pats (3rd round) and it ended up being the 33rd (1st of 2nd round) pick the next year. Wow, no wonder they fired the gm...
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 30, 2012 at 2:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone