LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 197 users in the forums

Official: Marcus Lattimore to enter draft / rehab w/ NFL doctors

Raiders will draft him.. just how they did with Michael Bush.. they love injured/injury prone rb's
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by sfout:
Bump

Lattimore has decided that the NFL is the next move for him, even with his gruesome injury I expect him to picked before the 3rd round is over. Too much talent despite the history of knee problems, and hey look at Gore's career as an example of what Lattimore could hope to replicate after such a bad run of injuries. Lattimore is now officially my #1 target for an RB this year as we could give him his "redshirt" year while he is rehabbing his knee.

Would you take him with one of our second third round pick?

It could be well worth it. He would rehab in 2013, and be ready to play in 2014--just as Gore's career winds down.

If the Niners are fortunate enought to garner a 3rd round compensatory pick (which some have projected) then I say if Lattimore is available draft him with that pick and let him red shirt for a year.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by sfout:
Bump

Lattimore has decided that the NFL is the next move for him, even with his gruesome injury I expect him to picked before the 3rd round is over. Too much talent despite the history of knee problems, and hey look at Gore's career as an example of what Lattimore could hope to replicate after such a bad run of injuries. Lattimore is now officially my #1 target for an RB this year as we could give him his "redshirt" year while he is rehabbing his knee.

Would you take him with one of our second third round pick?

It could be well worth it. He would rehab in 2013, and be ready to play in 2014--just as Gore's career winds down.

If the Niners are fortunate enought to garner a 3rd round compensatory pick (which some have projected) then I say if Lattimore is available draft him with that pick and let him red shirt for a year.

thats my thinking exactly. if he lasts until our comp pick or maybe even our own 3rd then I say we take him.
He better get a diploma and have an alternative to football.
I think we could spare a third round pick on this guy, he would be a top 10 pick without his injury history. His situation reminds me of gore.
3rd round pick on Lattimore at this point would be incredibly irresponsible. There is a chance he will never play again, there is an even better chance that if he does play he will have lost much of the power, speed, and agility that made him the top RB in college football. I wouldn't touch Lattimore at any point prior to the late 5th round.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boomer49er:
3rd round pick on Lattimore at this point would be incredibly irresponsible. There is a chance he will never play again, there is an even better chance that if he does play he will have lost much of the power, speed, and agility that made him the top RB in college football. I wouldn't touch Lattimore at any point prior to the late 5th round.

All of the prognosticators like Kiper and others are saying he is expected to go in 3rd or 4th. I dont see whats so irresponsible about using a compensatory pick on him, he's an elite talent and if he shows he is any shade of his pre-leg-snapped form I would never complain about the pick. Even if he only produced 500 yards a year for 3-4 years and falls out of the league can you really expect anything better from a 3rd or 4th round player?
Remember Gore and McGahee.... They turned out fine. With technology today he may be fine. A 3rd would be a steal.
As a Carolina season ticket holder, I say yes sir.

If there was anybody in the world to gamble on, it would be t his young man. He's head and shoulders above the rest of his generation and he will do everything he needs to get back to the game. Gore 2.0, get him with a supplemental pick
I'd 100% take him if he was around in the 4th...maybeeee 3rd. Who knows how Hunter will come back and the long term threat of LaMike and potentially a health Hunter/Lattimore would be fun.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Lattimore officially announces his intent to leave school.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/12/lattimore-makes-early-leap-to-nfl-official/
I wouldn't touch him. He is so beat up from play and injuries at USC that I think he will be out of the league in only a couple years. Too bad, he was a great prospect.
As a Colts fan, I love this. Great value on a low risk, high reward pick for the 3rd or 4th round. The Colts need another running back to pair with Vick Ballard, because Delone Carter and Donald Brown aren't cutting it. For the Niners, Gore, Hunter and James don't need another comrade. I think James will grow into a much better player, he just needs to develop his vision. Jacobs should be cut, in my opinion.
Niners need a power 3 down back to feature when Gore wears down. Using a 3d on this guy and letting him ride the bench a year while he rehabs would be worth the risk, especially if we get a compensatory 3d round pick. Hit or miss, he is a potential home run. Hopefully he can slide into the 4th or later
Share 49ersWebzone