There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 9 Prospect Watch

http://www.draftwatchers.com/articles/11-Week-9-Watch-List.html

In case you guys missed it last week, Texas A&M's 2 top offensive lineman looked outstanding against LSU's 2 DE's. Expect Joeckel to be a top 5 pick.

This week, the key matchups:

Thursday, Clemson at Wake Forest: No top players are matched up against each other, but this should be a WR feast with Clemson's Hopkins (and Watkins who is not elgible) and Wake Forest's Campanaro having huge games.

Friday, Cincinatti at Louisville: Sorry guys, not much to see here. QB Bridgewater on Louisville is a top player but not elgible. I'll be watching ILB Greg Blair, I remember in one of my earlier games I watched of Cincy he was a stand out.

Saturday
Tennessee at South Carolina: The Vol's have a talented trio of Juniors in QB Bray, WR Hunter and WR Patterson. However, Hunter has yet to break te century mark or pull in a TD against a ranked opponent.

Florida at Georgia: QB Murray and WR King have quietly been stellar on the season, but Florida's D is legit. It will be a great test for what kind of caliber of prospect they are.

Miss St at Alabama: Speaking of quiet success, Miss St is ranked #11 . But I'm watching this game for the 2 corners, Milliner and Banks.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 23, 2012 at 2:23 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
http://www.draftwatchers.com/articles/11-Week-9-Watch-List.html

In case you guys missed it last week, Texas A&M's 2 top offensive lineman looked outstanding against LSU's 2 DE's. Expect Joeckel to be a top 5 pick.

This week, the key matchups:

Thursday, Clemson at West Virginia: No top players are matched up against each other, but this should be a WR feast with Clemson's Hopkins (and Watkins who is not elgible) and Wake Forest's Campanaro having huge games.

Friday, Cincinatti at Louisville: Sorry guys, not much to see here. QB Bridgewater on Louisville is a top player but not elgible. I'll be watching ILB Greg Blair, I remember in one of my earlier games I watched of Cincy he was a stand out.

Saturday
Tennessee at South Carolina: The Vol's have a talented trio of Juniors in QB Bray, WR Hunter and WR Patterson. However, Hunter has yet to break te century mark or pull in a TD against a ranked opponent.

Florida at Georgia: QB Murray and WR King have quietly been stellar on the season, but Florida's D is legit. It will be a great test for what kind of caliber of prospect they are.

Miss St at Alabama: Speaking of quiet success, Miss St is ranked #11 . But I'm watching this game for the 2 corners, Milliner and Banks.

Where did you get Wake Forest from West Virginia SDN? lol

Cinncy game: Weren't people on DE Walter Stewarts nuts a couple of weeks ago? How has he been doing?

Tennessee game: DT Daniel McCullers could be one to watch as well.
Originally posted by sfout:
Where did you get Wake Forest from West Virginia SDN? lol

Cinncy game: Weren't people on DE Walter Stewarts nuts a couple of weeks ago? How has he been doing?

Tennessee game: DT Daniel McCullers could be one to watch as well.

Wooops, my bad on Wake Forest - West Virginia.

DE Walter Stewarts - he is not playing on Friday, out with undisclosed upper body injury . He has looked okay IMO, after disclosure that he is injured I think he may have been playing hurt.

Mccullers - not really a fan of guys north of 350lbs. He will need to slim down further IMO.

Edit: My comments on Stewart against Pitt: "DE/OLB Stewart should be put ony our 3-4 D watch lists. Shows great burst off the line to beat the OT to the outside, plays the run well" but.... "But like I said, its hard to tell if Pitt's line sucks this bad or Cincy's D-Line is that good."
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 23, 2012 at 2:37 PM ]
Wanna see the Banks kid from Mississippi State and how he does this weekend.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
So it is clemson v Wake forest though lol
Who are the big players in the Notre Dame/Oklahoma game and the Alabama/Mississippi game?
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Who are the big players in the Notre Dame/Oklahoma game and the Alabama/Mississippi game?

Here's SunDevil's Alabama/Miss State list

#11 Mississippi State at #1 Alabama 5:30PM PST ESPN

Mississippi State
CB #13 Johnthan Banks
OG #61 Gabe Jackson*
QB #17 Tyler Russell*

Alabama
CB #28 Dee Milliner*
C #75 Barrett Jones
OG #65 Chance Warmack
OT #76 D.J. Fluker*
OLB #32 C.J. Mosley*
NT #54 Jesse Williams
S #37 Robert Lester
QB #10 A.J. McCarron*
DT/DE #49 Ed Stinson*
RB #42 Eddie Lacy*

I would like to add on ND/OU game here.

ND-

ILB Manti Te'o
NT Louis Nix III
DE Kapron Lewis-Moore
RB Cierre Wood
TE Tyler Eifert

OU-

WR Kenny Stills
QB Landry Jones
S Tony Jefferson

I'm sure there are more, just those are off the top of my head.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Just thought I'd chime in with an early update for games scouted that we DID NOT send scouts to the Clemson-Wake Forest game, despite having already scouted each team once this year. Read into that however you want

Same goes for Cincinnati-Louisville, no scouts at tonights game either despite scouting each team once already.

So @ChrisSteuber just posted some games he's found out early. We will reportedly be at these games....

NC State @ North Carolina
David Amerson from NCS of course
UNC has a ton prospects all over the field for us. too many to recall atm.

USC @ Arizona
3rd USC game and I must remind everyone that Tim Kawakami made a point of it that both Baalke and Gamble were on the field to watch the USC WRs during pregame back in week 3.

Temple @ Pittsburgh
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Bump. I made a thread for it but Marcus Lattimore is likely done for the year again after sustaining anything from a dislocated knee all the way to a broken leg or knee.
Couple things,

Ray Graham looking good for Pittsburgh

UNC struggling vs NC State. (Mike Glenon looks good)

Tyler Bray looks good leading the Tennessee Voulanteers back. Justin Hunter is clearly a Top 3 WR for 2013 draft.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Couple things,

Ray Graham looking good for Pittsburgh

UNC struggling vs NC State. (Mike Glenon looks good)

Tyler Bray looks good leading the Tennessee Voulanteers back. Justin Hunter is clearly a Top 3 WR for 2013 draft.

hunter finally having a breakout game?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Smart Football ‏@smartfootball

NFL scout heads should put Kent St RB/WR/KR Dri Archer on their radars. Kid has some shake and speed.
glennon looking real good for nc state
LB Jones from Georgia causing havoc
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Woods with another great start today. 5 targets, 5 receptions for 51 yards. Made some good moves and of course great hands. For Arizona - Junior Marquis Flowers is making plays as a Safety / Linebacker - 1 interception, 1 Forced Fumble and some good tackles.
[ Edited by sfout on Oct 27, 2012 at 1:32 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home