There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

JReff22 Mock v.1 (The its too early for this but I dont care edition)

Originally posted by jreff22:
few points...

I dont see any DE prospects that are within reach that would make an impact....I would rather draft later for depth then spend a high pick on a replacement who is meh.

OLB is still a high priority.

Rogers replacement is Cully and Cox can be the nickel easily.

If Moss wants back and looks good and Jim trusts him to finish another full season without issue....I might skip the big WR and look for a Ginn replacement. I wanted TY Hilton last year for that role and he is blowing up in Indy.....if Ace Sanders declares I would target him ASAP.

I really wanted Hilton too. He was on my mock last year. But I agree about the DE thing thats why I didnt name one in the main priority, unless we somehow moved way up.
II know Rogers' replacement is Cully but im thinking we still upgrade the secondary. I cant see us keeping Brock soo im thinking we get quality CB who'll be an upgrade over him. Roger, Brown, Cully, Cox and then a rookie who could eventually be our #3. Having 3/4 quality CB would be good with this passing league we're getting into. I still dont trust Cox that much though, hasnt proven much yet. Hopefully he gets better though.

I started to say find a Ginn replacement, but then I thought about Jenkins and James being on the roster. So maybe we give him the same treatment James and Jenkins got and learns from Moss? I just wish we could strike gold on a player w/o being in the top 10 picks. im thinking we would just end up in the same situation we are in now, preparing for the departure of moss and looking for the next RZ target. Ace Sander would be a nice pick up tho for the return game.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
few points...

I dont see any DE prospects that are within reach that would make an impact....I would rather draft later for depth then spend a high pick on a replacement who is meh.

OLB is still a high priority.

Rogers replacement is Cully and Cox can be the nickel easily.

If Moss wants back and looks good and Jim trusts him to finish another full season without issue....I might skip the big WR and look for a Ginn replacement. I wanted TY Hilton last year for that role and he is blowing up in Indy.....if Ace Sanders declares I would target him ASAP.

I really wanted Hilton too. He was on my mock last year. But I agree about the DE thing thats why I didnt name one in the main priority, unless we somehow moved way up.
II know Rogers' replacement is Cully but im thinking we still upgrade the secondary. I cant see us keeping Brock soo im thinking we get quality CB who'll be an upgrade over him. Roger, Brown, Cully, Cox and then a rookie who could eventually be our #3. Having 3/4 quality CB would be good with this passing league we're getting into. I still dont trust Cox that much though, hasnt proven much yet. Hopefully he gets better though.

I started to say find a Ginn replacement, but then I thought about Jenkins and James being on the roster. So maybe we give him the same treatment James and Jenkins got and learns from Moss? I just wish we could strike gold on a player w/o being in the top 10 picks. im thinking we would just end up in the same situation we are in now, preparing for the departure of moss and looking for the next RZ target. Ace Sander would be a nice pick up tho for the return game.
Any kid we get in the top 3 rounds needs to be able to contribute by week 4....after a month of training camp and 4 preseason games then sitting for another month during the regular season should be enough. A top 32/64 talent should be ready after 2 months of learning and training...no excuse. They aren't QB's and aren't converting positions. We made Miller a FB after playing DE/OLB in college and he was a Pro Bowl alternate and a very low pick. WR and RB are easy transitions into the pros....either they aren't smart enough or aren't good enough to surpass the ho hum guys in front of them. AJ makes more money than Moss, Ginn, Williams, and Ham....and cant pass any of them. James makes more then Jacobs, Hunter, Miller, and Dixon....and cant pass them either. After 3+ months of being on the team neither can surpass a guy (in their position group) or get another guy (non position-Celek, McBath etc) to sit because they are just that good....something is wrong. AJ is the only non hurt 1st rounder that hasn't gotten 1 snap if I remember correctly.

One of them will bust and I have a feeling that it will be James. With the way Gore and Hunter are running I cant see any player taking snaps away from them....if they are in the same from next year and James still cant return punts or kicks he could be behind Dixon again....that is a failure in my book. I dont want any more midget Pac-12 players that cant take a beating from NFL players. I want a heavy dose of SEC talent this year.
Any kid we get in the top 3 rounds needs to be able to contribute by week 4....after a month of training camp and 4 preseason games then sitting for another month during the regular season should be enough. A top 32/64 talent should be ready after 2 months of learning and training...no excuse. They aren't QB's and aren't converting positions. We made Miller a FB after playing DE/OLB in college and he was a Pro Bowl alternate and a very low pick. WR and RB are easy transitions into the pros....either they aren't smart enough or aren't good enough to surpass the ho hum guys in front of them. AJ makes more money than Moss, Ginn, Williams, and Ham....and cant pass any of them. James makes more then Jacobs, Hunter, Miller, and Dixon....and cant pass them either. After 3+ months of being on the team neither can surpass a guy (in their position group) or get another guy (non position-Celek, McBath etc) to sit because they are just that good....something is wrong. AJ is the only non hurt 1st rounder that hasn't gotten 1 snap if I remember correctly.

One of them will bust and I have a feeling that it will be James. With the way Gore and Hunter are running I cant see any player taking snaps away from them....if they are in the same from next year and James still cant return punts or kicks he could be behind Dixon again....that is a failure in my book. I dont want any more midget Pac-12 players that cant take a beating from NFL players. I want a heavy dose of SEC talent this year.

Yeahh. There's plenty of quality players from the SEC that have the possibility of falling to us. The top 4 OLBs are all SEC guys so that may be a slim chance. Could get a DT. May have to settle for a safety though.
I dont think James will be a bust, I think he'll become one of those Sproles/Harvin/Cobb type players. you could be right though, only time will tell. Maybe theyre just not strong enough. I no
That money factor you said is big. I remember talking to Maiocco on FB early last season and he was sayin how Crab got more playtime at WR than KW because he was getting payed more. So now im wondering what the excuse would be.