LOL. They have a better record than us.

SF: 5-2

Hou: 5-1

Originally posted by tjd808185:
LOL. They have a better record than us.

Thats loserball.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I personally appreciate Maddog and the fact that you made this thread. I loved both Aldon and Watt coming out and was torn between the two.

No one is ever right all the time. One thing I can't stand is when people just assume that a GM knows better than a well-informed draft nut/football fan (take for instance Maddog). There are so many other factors (connections, luck, politics, etc.) that lead to people landing GM jobs these days. Take the 49ers for instance, you could have literally done a webzone poll for our 1st round draft pick each year under McGloughan and our team would have been better than the one that McGloughan fielded.

From recent memory these would have been the consensus picks:

Aaron Rodgers (over Alex Smith)
Desean Jackson (over Aldon Smith
Patrick Willis (consensus agreed)
Vernon Davis (consensus agreed)
Michael Crabtree (consensus agreed)

Now that team looks much better even if you subtracted every single other good player that McGloughan drafted in the later rounds (Frank Gore, Dashon Goldson, Ray McDonald). There were literally entire draft classes wasted with nothing but depth to show for it. Scott McGloughan is surprisingly enough a well respected scout/GM in the NFL. While some GM's have made it earning their stripes, the truth is there are many football fans that are just as good if not better at evaluating talent than some GM/scouts. Yes they don't get all the background, interviews, in-depth tape, and dirt on players but just because they chose other professions does not make them any less of a judge of talent.

Desean Jackson over Aldon Smith- better do your fact checking.

hah wow, stupid typing lapse on my part. Believe me I know Desean Jackson was not even close to the same draft class as Aldon Smith. Meant to say Kentwan Balmer... followed by Chilo Rachal.
Originally posted by Jcool:
SF: 5-2

Hou: 5-1

6-1
I've never seen anybody swat more passes that result in interceptions. This guy is unreal.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I've never seen anybody swat more passes that result in interceptions. This guy is unreal.

Great timing on his jumps. I'd hate to play basketball against that guy.
jj watt is a beast. The 2011 class is shaping up as one hell of a class...

newton
von miller
darius
aj green
peterson
julio jones (this is the player whom i desperately wanted)
aldon smith
Watt is having a great year, but could easily regress to the mean next year. It's way too early to say who's going to have the better career.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

newton
von miller
darius
aj green
peterson
aldon smith

Newton is garbage
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

newton
von miller
darius
aj green
peterson
aldon smith

Newton is garbage

Like to bring this thread back up because Aldon is starting to pick up steam. 6.5 sacks on the year now.

Watts is a fantastic player and might have been a better selection than Aldon, but there's really only rare situations when you can fault a team when they drafted a stud.

To say Maddog was right is just insane. He's right JJ Watts was a stud. He's wrong that we made a bad choice though.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 30, 2012 at 10:04 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Like to bring this thread back up because Aldon is starting to pick up steam. 6.5 sacks on the year now.

Watts is a fantastic player and might have been a better selection than Aldon, but there's really only rare situations when you can fault a team when they drafted a stud.

To say Maddog was right is just insane. He's right JJ Watts was a stud. He's wrong that we made a bad choice though.

Apparently people did not hear Gruden gushing over Aldon Smith last night. Aldon Smith is the biggest impact first round player the niners have added through the draft since Jerry Rice. You cannot argue that it was a season changing pick and a career foundation pick for Baalke. This is like saying you would rather bang Eva Mendes over Sophia Vergara?? Either way you would be happy to bang either one.

Any team would be happyw ith Aldon or Watt.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Apparently people did not hear Gruden gushing over Aldon Smith last night. Aldon Smith is the biggest impact first round player the niners have added through the draft since Jerry Rice. You cannot argue that it was a season changing pick and a career foundation pick for Baalke. This is like saying you would rather bang Eva Mendes over Sophia Vergara?? Either way you would be happy to bang either one.

Any team would be happyw ith Aldon or Watt.

I remember going into the draft it was rumored Wade Phillips was madly in love with Aldon Smith. He really wasn't the reach people thought he was at the time.
after seeing the guys get gassed again last night I think its clear we need a serious backup...question is can we find one in this class or do we wait another year?
Aldon Smith is a beast
Share 49ersWebzone