There are 213 users in the forums

sheldon richardson DT missouri

sheldon is a beast and i like how he plays but when media talks about his intangibles it makes me shiver reminding our past draft busts like mcgrew and balmer.
[ Edited by NIMV4683 on Nov 18, 2012 at 5:04 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
He is a good prospect, but for 3-4 DE (he is NOT a NT), I think Kawann Short of Purdue is better along with Shariff Floyd of Florida and Jordan Hill of Penn State.

I'll post my defensive rankings tomorrow, but I have Sheldon Richardson as a my #4 3-4 DE. And right after him is Craig Roh of Michigan. Personally, I'd probably take Roh over Richardson. Roh is a bit of a project and needs to add more muscle, but IMO his athleticism creates a lot of potential. I think most people have him as a mid rounder....and at that point IMO he is a big sleeper.
Having watched both Short and Hill they both seem better suited to the nose. Floyd or Richardson, IMHO both fit the OP replacement idea better.
Seems like he would be a good prospect to learn behind Justin Smith and Ray MacDonald.
Check out his play against Alabama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x1EGquKKEs&feature=related
Guy dominated their line. Aldon is no choir boy but plays well on Sunday.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

he was getting plowed off the ball.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Sheldon Richardson has decided to enter the draft.

Richardson, a junior, led all DTs in the SEC with 75 tackles this season. He had 10½ tackles for loss, four sacks, forced three fumbles and blocked a kick in a standout season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/8695854/2013-nfl-draft-sheldon-richardson-missouri-tigers-enter-draft-junior
[ Edited by buck on Nov 30, 2012 at 4:39 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
1st round pick
NFL Draftscout has him rated 2nd best DT.

CBS Sports has him 15th overall.

Rob Rang's mock at CBS Sports has him 17th selection.

Great Blue North Draft Report has him 21st overall.

NE Patriots Draft has him 11th overall.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
NFL Draftscout has him rated 2nd best DT.

CBS Sports has him 15th overall.

Rob Rang's mock at CBS Sports has him 17th selection.

Great Blue North Draft Report has him 21st overall.

NE Patriots Draft has him 11th overall.

I do not think he lasts late into the first round.

If Baalke and company like him, we have the picks to move up.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

he was getting plowed off the ball.

I thought he looked like s**t in that 8 minute clip. He was regularly getting pushed 5 yards in the wrong direction and constantly getting pushed out of holes. His sack came on a busted protection and he sucked against the run. I heard a lot of good things about this game but that video made him look like an athlete and that's it. He doesn't fight with his hands, he just dips his shoulder and runs by people because he's so athletic. Count me as unimpressed.

Originally posted by jrg:
dude is a stud

But....he's got tattoo's......that probably means he's going to end up in prison.....or he's already been. No thanks.

Even though he was suspended I still would like to draft this guy he could be a replacement eventually for Justin Smith
  • cools
  • Veteran
He's on my wish list, but dont want to see the Niners give up too much to move up
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
Even though he was suspended I still would like to draft this guy he could be a replacement eventually for Justin Smith

I dont think hes going to make it that us. We would have to trade up because the way he looks on tape hes really strong and fast. Hes going to do well at the combine. With some good training he would be a fearsome DE he honestly is the only player in the draft that has the same mixture of qualities as Justin Smith and they both went to Mizzou.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:

I dont think hes going to make it that us. We would have to trade up because the way he looks on tape hes really strong and fast. Hes going to do well at the combine. With some good training he would be a fearsome DE he honestly is the only player in the draft that has the same mixture of qualities as Justin Smith and they both went to Mizzou.

Ya that wouldn't surprise me I want to see how he does in the combine his stock can either skyrocket or plummet a little there either way getting him would be awesome
Share 49ersWebzone