TE Levine Toilolo*
TE Zach Ertz*
ILB Trent Murphy*
C Sam Schwartzstein
NT Terrence Stephens

Washington
QB Keith Price*
CB Desmond Trufant
-Note: Huskies have a very young team, their TE Seferian-Jenkins is just a sophmore but may be the best TE in CFB.

Friday
Hawaii at BYU 5PM on ESPN

Hawaii
ILB Art Laurel*

BYU
WR* Cody Hoffman
OLB Kyle Van Noy*
OT Braden Brown

Saturday
Baylor at West Virginia 9AM on FX

Baylor
WR Terrence Williams
OT Cyril Richardson*

West Virginia
QB Geno Smith
WR Tavon Austin
OLB Terence Garvin
WR Stedman Bailey*

Ohio State at Michigan State 12:30PM ABC

Ohio State
TE Jake Stoneburner
OT Jack Mewhart*
DT Johnathan Hankins*
S C.J. Barnett*
CB Travis Howard

Michigan State
RB Le'Veon Bell*
DE William Gholston*
CB Johnny Adams
ILB Max Bullough*
TE Dion Sims*

Texas at Oklahoma State 4:50PM FOX

Texas
DE Alex Okafor
DE Jackson Jeffcoat*
S Kenny Vaccaro
OLB Jordan Hicks*
CB Carrington Byndom*
OG Mason Walters*
WR Mike Davis*

Oklahoma State
RB Joseph Randle*
OG Lane Taylor
CB Brodrick Brown
DE Ryan Robinson

Oregon at Washington State 7:30PM ESPN2

Oregon
RB Kenjon Barner
DE Dion Jordan
ILB Michael Clay
OLB Kiki Alonso
DE Taylor Hart*
DT Isaac Remington

Washington State
WR Marquess Wilson*
OLB Travis Long
S Deon Bucannon*
OT John Fullington*
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 25, 2012 at 3:21 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I only watched part of the game and I am more noting which player had a "highlight worthy" night or which ones I particularly paid attention to but anyway...

StanfordDE Ben Gardner* - Drawn offsides by Price's hard count and the CenturyLink Field noise on a 3rd and 4 to end the game
RB Stepfan Taylor - Statistically poor night at 21 carries for 75 yards.
ILB Shayne Skov
ILB Trent Murphy* - Pick sick for Stanfords lone TD
OLB Chase Thomas
OG Kevin Danser*
TE Levine Toilolo*
TE Zach Ertz* - The lone bright spots on the night were Toilolo and Ertz
C Sam Schwartzstein
NT Terrence Stephens

Front 7 was generally bad from what I watched, poor tackling and bad angles by their entire D. Bishop Sankey turned a 4th and 1 up the gut run into a 61 yard TD due to bad tackling from Stanford D.

Washington QB Keith Price* - Generally ineffective tonight due to Washington's patchwork pass protection but he executed well and took control of the game.
CB Desmond Trufant - Its weird to see it but Trufant was matched up against Ertz and Tiololo when it mattered most and ended up with an INT on a fade route for Ertz. Stats said he had 2 PDs 1 INT - LSU avoided him, Stanford avoided him, everyone is letting Trufant shut down part of the field.

My verdict for the 9ers.
Trufant looks like the real deal but its so early in the season who even knows were he'll be slated to go in the draft but if we could get him I would be very happy.

Hypothetically if we moved on from Alex this season or next and KP doesn't explode onto the NFL radar I could see him being a very quality backup with his current skill set.

Harbaugh has avoided his high profile Stanford players so far so it will be interesting to see how much of a look-see we give the players this time around but either of the TEs or any of the LBs could be realistic additions for us this draft.
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 28, 2012 at 5:19 PM ]
Trufant came up big to help seal the win for Washington. He is brother of Seahawks CB Marcus Trufant, and Isiah Trufant, believe he plays WR, not sure where anymore, was in Dallas I believe, might be still.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Sep 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Trufant came up big to help seal the win for Washington. He is brother of Seahawks CB Marcus Trufant, and Isiah Trufant, believe he plays WR, not sure where anymore, was in Dallas I believe, might be still.

Isaiah Plays cb for jets.
Originally posted by sfout:

Gotcha, I was thinking Isiah Stanback, lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Trufant came up big to help seal the win for Washington. He is brother of Seahawks oCB Marcus Trufant, and Isiah Trufant, believe he plays WR, not sure where anymore, was in Dallas I believe, might be still.

Gotcha, I was thinking Isiah Stanback, lol

lol all good. Good blood lines for the trufants, hopefully he kills it in the nfl.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Update on my top realistic WR target for the 9ers

Terrance Williams with a 49 yard reception.

Will update

Will update

I doubt it, I have him rated as my #10 overall prospect and #2 WR. Dude is good!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Will update

I doubt it, I have him rated as my #10 overall prospect and #2 WR. Dude is good!

I think there are too many more hyped underclassmen that will push him down a bit. Woods, Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen, Marquess Wilson. Do I think all 5 of them will declare? Yes but will that actually happen? Thats the question.I think Williams has a very real chance of being there when we pick in the 1st.

Best case scenario I see Williams being the 3 WR off the board behind Woods and Hunter. He is competing with Tavon Austin to be the #1 senior WR.
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 29, 2012 at 10:42 AM ]
I think there are too many more hyped underclassmen that will push him down a bit. Woods, Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen, Marquess Wilson. Do I think all 5 of them will declare? Yes but will that actually happen? Thats the question.I think Williams has a very real chance of being there when we pick in the 1st.

Best case scenario I see Williams being the 3 WR off the board behind Woods and Hunter. He is competing with Tavon Austin to be the #1 senior WR.

Woods is over rated. He is very good, but not top 10 talent. Marquise Lee on the other hand....

Time for Geno Smith to turn the difficulty level up to Pro. Good Lord does that guy put up ridiculous stats.

Is he a legit pro prospect, or just a college guy?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Woods is over rated. He is very good, but not top 10 talent. Marquise Lee on the other hand....

Thats your opinion he is over rated and I agree he is but it doesn't change the fact that he'll be picked in at worst the top 15. Hunter will be first WR off the board followed by Woods, then after that it is a toss up between Keenan Allen, Marquess Wilson, Tavon Austin, Terrance Williams. Its anybodies game and then there is even Aaron Dobson of Marshall, who could be a bargain pickup later during Day 2.

We can all hype our team as the likely super bowl champs but being realistic we will be picking anywhere from 24-32 and we have the ammo to move around if we desire.

We've got months to go but I think we've got a chance at getting him. Being completely honest I could care less the size of WR we draft but with both Ginn and Moss being FAs its just inevitable we pick 1 and I want who ever it is to be a big play threat, I dont care about size, just big play ability. Williams is an ideal blend of size and speed at 6'2 1/2" and 205 so that is the the one thing that could push him out of our reach, but even if we go with another midget WR and get Tavon Austin I would be stoked.
[ Edited by sfout on Sep 29, 2012 at 11:17 AM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Time for Geno Smith to turn the difficulty level up to Pro. Good Lord does that guy put up ridiculous stats.

Seriously, 34/38 for 436 and 6 TDs in the middle of the 3rd quarter. My best friend (Bills fan) is already calling for the Bills to draft him.
[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Sep 29, 2012 at 11:36 AM ]
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Seriously, 34/38 for 436 and 6 TDs in the middle of the 3rd quarter. My best friend (Bills fan) is already calling for the Bills to draft him.

43/49, 635 yards, 8 TDs.

6 minutes left.
lulz
[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Sep 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone