LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Björn Werner

Originally posted by sfout:
Gotta admit jreff that was way outta line. Just because you're part German doesn't give you license to throw that around. I'd keep racial/ethnic jokes like that out of this stuff

Back on topic. As much as I am increasingly liking this guy I dont see us drafting an OLB early, maybe signing a veteran to compete with Haralson, Fleming, and Johnson?

wont have the cash for a decent vet

Parys is too expensive, and I assume one of this years rookies wont make it
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by drake49er:
Werner is a beast but what position do you guys see him playing in the NFL?

Personally, I don't see him playing 3-4 OLB. 4-3 DE and even 3-4 DE would be more suited for him. I know is playing around 255 right now but he was 275 last year.

OLB.

The kid has only played ball for a few years and is still very raw. If he goes to a team with good coaches they can mold that boy into the big Nazi monster he dreams of being.

Even at 265-275 he could still play OLB....if he comes in at 6'4, 265 would be ideal IMO.

Dude that is totally inappropriate and offensive. I am German and that's out of line. No German would like to be known as a Nazi.

Agreed, I'm 100% German, born in Trier, Germany, grew up in the Bay Area. And not all German's during WW2 were Nazi's. Even the ones that were forced to serve in the German military.

I'm 75% German and I could care a less. Im not a Nazi, nor do I want to be. People are just getting way too out of hand with all of this sensitivity crap. It was a faux pas, get over it, who really cares? Did you really think the OP thought he was a nazi when you read his comment? I doubt it.

On topic, I dont actually own a TV (really) I watch 49er games at a bar. I have no intention of drinking away my Saturdays watching FSU, anyone got any clips on this kid? He on anyones radar? Meaning those way way too early mock draft "gurus"?
Please keep this thread strictly on subject or it will be locked.

Thank you.
Originally posted by English:
Please keep this thread strictly on subject or it will be locked.

Thank you.

will.....resist........saying........it
Originally posted by frozen49er:
On topic, I dont actually own a TV (really) I watch 49er games at a bar. I have no intention of drinking away my Saturdays watching FSU, anyone got any clips on this kid? He on anyones radar? Meaning those way way too early mock draft "gurus"?

He is a rapidly rising prospect. So far in 4 games, he has 6.5 sacks. Please keep in mind that 2 of those games were against weak competition. Kiper has him #25 on his big board. I don't see us taking a OLB in the first round though. The hype is real but Niners won't be drafting him if he decides to declare.
He is my favorite Kraut!!!!!!

How's that?

He is a rapidly rising prospect. So far in 4 games, he has 6.5 sacks. Please keep in mind that 2 of those games were against weak competition. Kiper has him #25 on his big board. I don't see us taking a OLB in the first round though. The hype is real but Niners won't be drafting him if he decides to declare.

If the rumors of us possibly taking Irvin in the first were true, I wouldn't discount the notion that we would try again if the right guy was there.
I'm 75% German and I could care a less. Im not a Nazi, nor do I want to be. People are just getting way too out of hand with all of this sensitivity crap. It was a faux pas, get over it, who really cares? Did you really think the OP thought he was a nazi when you read his comment? I doubt it.

???

Seems like Werner is sliding a little, does he fit as a 3-4 DE? And if so, would he be worth trading up 10 or so picks in the first?
I wouldn't trade up for him to be honest. I still don't believe that he is a 3-4 OLB like some people are projecting him to be. I think he is too slow and stiff to play OLB. He will need to put on some weight to play 3-4 DE. He used to play at 275 before dropping some weight last year (currently 266). If he drops to us...which is very unlikely...then we should consider taking him.

I wouldn't trade up for him to be honest. I still don't believe that he is a 3-4 OLB like some people are projecting him to be. I think he is too slow and stiff to play OLB. He will need to put on some weight to play 3-4 DE. He used to play at 275 before dropping some weight last year (currently 266). If he drops to us...which is very unlikely...then we should consider taking him.

He may be a little too small for 3-4 DE, but he seems to have excellent pass rush skills. He may not be strong enough to play 3-4 DE.
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for drake49er.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He may be a little too small for 3-4 DE, but he seems to have excellent pass rush skills. He may not be strong enough to play 3-4 DE.

I agree. I think he is strickly a 4-3 DE. I used to think that he could put on some weight and add some strength. Justin Smith came to the 49ers weight not much more than 275. I think he plays a lot like him also but I don't want a project with the 1st round pick.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Seems like Werner is sliding a little, does he fit as a 3-4 DE? And if so, would he be worth trading up 10 or so picks in the first?

I wouldn't do it. During drills, he showed that he isn't quite as fluid to play the OLB position. His best fit, IMO, is at defensive end in a 4-3.
I will say this....I think Tank Carradine will have a better career than Bjoern Werner.
Pass. I'd love to have a rusher that can come off the bench and keep the pressure on opposing QBs, but I think our focus should be on getting quality defensive linemen in front of our linebackers so they can run free. Depending on the strength of our defensive line this year, our 2012 rookies may be able to give us that extra pressure off the bench.
Share 49ersWebzone