LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Mock Draft Tracker

With the emergence of Boone as a very good RG - do we go OT early?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

define early?
If Barrett Jones was available when we pick, you HAVE to pull the trigger. He'd be our center of the future and he has the versatility to play ALL of the o-line positions.

If we go safety, I'm liking all the hype I've heard from that kid out of Texas, Kenny Vaccaro.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
If Barrett Jones was available when we pick, you HAVE to pull the trigger. He'd be our center of the future and he has the versatility to play ALL of the o-line positions.

If we go safety, I'm liking all the hype I've heard from that kid out of Texas, Kenny Vaccaro.

I love Jones, can play nearly every OL spot. I would love him, but I think he is at worst mid 1st round.

I like plenty of safeties in 1st 2 rounds, Vaccaro, Armstrong, Rambo, McDonald, Reid, Telemaque, and Rambo.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I love Jones, can play nearly every OL spot. I would love him, but I think he is at worst mid 1st round.

I like plenty of safeties in 1st 2 rounds, Vaccaro, Armstrong, Rambo, McDonald, Reid, Telemaque, and Rambo.

There are so many talented defensive players in this draft that there is a slight possibility that interior linemen can fall to us in the 1st round. Unless Barrett Jones shows great OT skills during drills in the offseason, then he'd probably get selected in the mid-1st round.

There are so many talented defensive players in this draft that there is a slight possibility that interior linemen can fall to us in the 1st round. Unless Barrett Jones shows great OT skills during drills in the offseason, then he'd probably get selected in the mid-1st round.

Did AB say Rambo twice on purpose? lol. But yeah, I couldnt agree more. The more I study the prospect list, the more I get excited because there's just so much talent on the board, especially when we have the option to trade up. Omeregie Uzzi, Jonathan Cooper, Braden Hason, Travis Bond, Chris McDonald and James Ferentz are some other guys that I think the niners have eyes on. They've sent scouts to those games. Drafting for depth

I think Shawn Williams could be in the mix as well.
I wanna get Björn Werner. Period.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
The Great WalterFootball still says

1. Eric Reid SS
2. Khalid Holmes C
3a. Chase Thomas OLB
3b. Terry Hawthorne CB
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I'd like to see us draft an OT in round 2 or 3. We could use some depth there, especially with Boone looking better at RG. IMO, you can never have enough good OTs. As Boone has shown, OTs can move inside relatively easy. Guards, however, rarely can kick outside. We've been fortunate to stay healthy on the Oline. As we saw when Staley was out, Boone has to slide to LT and we are a mess on the right side the the Davis' next to each other.

We really need another guy to play swing Tackle.

Originally posted by strickac:
I'd like to see us draft an OT in round 2 or 3. We could use some depth there, especially with Boone looking better at RG. IMO, you can never have enough good OTs. As Boone has shown, OTs can move inside relatively easy. Guards, however, rarely can kick outside. We've been fortunate to stay healthy on the Oline. As we saw when Staley was out, Boone has to slide to LT and we are a mess on the right side the the Davis' next to each other.

We really need another guy to play swing Tackle.

The way I see it with our tackle need... we want to be able to have someone good enough that if Staley or Ad get hurt they can step in and not miss a beat. So that might require going with someone early. If we go with someone late odds are they won't be good enough to step in for one of the tackles. It would mean messing around with boone, looney, etc and mixing everything up. I don't know, I'd rather not move Boone when he is doing well. Even if it's for half a game or a game. A low round guy or Wiggins would be a big dropoff. Then again maybe if Looney does well they won't have any problem with him going to RG and Boone at LT if someone goes down. Would save an early pick but I think it would be wise to have someone who can step in and not make us move everyone around.

And by the way I see pass rushing DE... then Pass rushing OLb moving up the boards. WR could move up as well if Moss and Ginn are gone.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
..............The Great WalterFootall never ceases to amaze me. They have us drafting NC State giant of QB Mike Glennon in the 3rd round.........So insane....The rest of the picks aren't bad but that one made me laugh hard.

1. Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
2. Margus Hunt DE SMU (WHO?)
3a. Robert Lester S Alabama
3b. Mike Glennon QB NC State
Share 49ersWebzone