LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 353 users in the forums

Kawann Short Defensive Line

• buck
  • Veteran
Kawann Short Purdue 6-3 315

Last year, Short had 54 tackles, 17.5 tackles for a loss, and 6.5 sacks.

Short has been solid for past three years. He has accumulated 11 sacks, 33.5 tackles for loss, and 143 tackles.
In addition, he has broken up 11 passes and intercepted 2. He has had 3 blocked punts/kicks.

This year, after two games, he has 5 tackles, three sacks, a blocked field goal and a blocked extra point.

He is on the watch lists for the Bednarik Award, the Nagurski Trophy, the Outland Trophy, the Lombardi Award, and the Lott IMPACT Trophy.
[ Edited by buck on Sep 9, 2012 at 10:05 AM ]
I'm biased since I'm a Purdue fan, but at the same time he's a beast. Love for him to sit behind Justin Smith and learn how to be his heir apparent.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Would kill to draft him. He looks like he will be a beast in the NFL.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I'm biased since I'm a Purdue fan, but at the same time he's a beast. Love for him to sit behind Justin Smith and learn how to be his heir apparent.

no at NT?
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Travisty13:

no at NT?
I think he'd do well at NT, but he's a good pass rusher and you'd be taking that away from him. I could see him being like Cowboy in the 3-4. Setting the end, and still getting after the QB. Purdue is incorporating a hybrid D this year with some 4-3 & 3-4. They have Kawann lining up outside in the 3-4 most times and I think that's his future. He's not as natural a pass rusher as Justin, but he has good initial burst that will make Tackles have a headache all day. He just needs to improve his motor from last year. But he's in better shape this year and it's showing in the way he's been playing.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Sep 9, 2012 at 10:32 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Short has faced two big challenges this year--Michigan and Norte Dame.

He has done well.

Against Michigan, he had 8 tackles (six solo and two assists), one tackle for a loss, and one pass broken up.

Against Norte Dame, he had 4 tackles and two sacks.
[ Edited by buck on Oct 9, 2012 at 12:08 AM ]
count me as a fan, forget where I ranked him but he was in my top 15 players.
Share 49ersWebzone