There are 633 users in the forums
Curious, why no SEC draftees or UDFA's?
- 1 2
May 3, 2012 at 11:50 AM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,149
It seems like Baalke is more enamored with Big 10 and smaller schools.
May 3, 2012 at 11:54 AM
- m_brockalexander
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,379
Every one else took them first. That's what happens when you are picking 30th.
May 3, 2012 at 12:05 PM
- SonocoNinerFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,610
Given the success we've had in the past with SEC players I think it has to be pure coincidence.
May 3, 2012 at 12:09 PM
- btthepunk
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,346
Because.
May 3, 2012 at 12:19 PM
- skillzdatkillz90
- Veteran
- Posts: 359
Because you touch yourself at night
May 3, 2012 at 12:21 PM
- SofaKing
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,442
I don't think Baalke puts much stock into which conference a prospect played in. He looks for production, talent, and character. If the kid is from a big time conference like the SEC, thats great, but its not a big determining factor.
May 3, 2012 at 12:22 PM
- DaDivaRecieva15
- Veteran
- Posts: 37,974
Because the one's that were left for us to pick all suck
May 3, 2012 at 12:22 PM
- pakalolo415
- Veteran
- Posts: 591
Because even if Gire
May 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM
- rawdel
- Veteran
- Posts: 774
PAC-10 FTW!!!
And yes, I do mean PAC-10...
And yes, I do mean PAC-10...
May 3, 2012 at 1:51 PM
- jreff22
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,413
actually this did pop into my head....West Coast bias
May 3, 2012 at 2:46 PM
- 228niner
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,630
because because because because becauuuuuussseeeee...... because of the wonderful things he does!
May 3, 2012 at 3:38 PM
- LasVegasWally
- Veteran
- Posts: 24,891
He picks the player first. I'm sure their level of competition goes into his decision making process but isn't the sole deciding factor.
May 3, 2012 at 6:47 PM
- Vasco49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 279
I wished so hard for the Niners to pick Alshon Jeffery that it backfired and they didn't pick anyone else from the SEC at all.
May 3, 2012 at 6:50 PM
- Amir
- RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
- Posts: 28,036
The board didn't go that way this year. No one ever goes into a draft thinking that they HAVE to draft someone for a certain conference. I guarantee if we had a top 5 pick and Blackmon and T Rich were of the board, we would have taken Claiborne.
- 1 2