LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 417 users in the forums

Woulda, shoulda, coulda?

Woulda, shoulda, coulda?

What does everyone think of our draft based on these scenarios?
By picking 30th in each round. We missed out on alot of good players. That being said I think Baalke did an incredible job overall this year, and also learned that he doesnt like picking at the end of each round. By him adding ammunition to next years draft with extra third, fifth, sixth, and seventh round(Taylor Mays) choices he has the ability to move up in the first two rounds next year.

My answer was quite simply teams beat us to the punch. That's what happens when you're good and picking low.
Had to vote for the "letting too many players slip past" option.

Don't get me wrong, I will put the requisite faith in the F/O.... they have earned it. But I can't help but feel that we could have selected much better overall.

Guess we'll see... It isn't like we needed an A+ draft outcome to kick-arse in 2012 and beyond.
I think we traded enough.

Reached is a BS term - think Aldon. If picks 1 & 2 pan out - and 5-6 see considerable action we'll be in the A category.

Some teams beat us to the punch - but that happens to almost every team in the draft; that's why hey have draft boards so the next guy in line gets picked.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Should have lost more games so we could have had better picks.

and this:
Originally posted by susweel:

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Had to vote for the "letting too many players slip past" option.

Don't get me wrong, I will put the requisite faith in the F/O.... they have earned it. But I can't help but feel that we could have selected much better overall.

Guess we'll see... It isn't like we needed an A+ draft outcome to kick-arse in 2012 and beyond.

That is what my original thought was, too. But that opinion is based on a fan's understanding of scouting, not what really goes on in the War Room. We all had our opinions about the players that were or were not chosen. One thing is for sure, the front office had a plan and executed it. They wanted to add explosiveness to the offense. They drafted Jenkins and James. They wanted to address the depth at OLB, S, and OL. Done! Only thing they didn't do is add DL depth. Next year they have 11 draft picks, so they can fill whatever needs are most important at the time.

Bottom line, the team's top 46 spots are pretty much filled so whatever contributions we get from this group is going to be gravy anyway.
lol. You're better than the funny papers.

"We shoiulda sucked for Luck!"

lmao

Best post of the draft! Buy that man a beer! Finally, somebody who gets it.
[ Edited by Kezar1965 on Apr 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM ]

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
lol. You're better than the funny papers.

"We shoiulda sucked for Luck!"

lmao

Thank you thank you very much I'm here every weekend.
I think the first choice is a misnomer as there is a difference when you say
Got what we wanted/needed?
as opposed to
Got what they wanted and needed?

Most zoners are gonna answer that according to their wants and needs as opposed to the niners vision of wanted and needed.

blaming alex smith again, damn him for winning 13 games
I voted Got what we wanted/needed. It's clear, we had no clear holes, no major weaknesses, little roster spots open, especially on 46 gameday roster, so we did an excellent job at getting depth.

Looney and Slowey are two mean OL who will come in and compete, I think both make the roster, Looney might end up RG in a yr when Kilgore moves to C, Slowey is a versatile guy, he played T in college, so he can move around the OL.

Fleming is one of my favorite picks, could be a nice OLB pass rushing, and core special teamer, Cam Johnson was terrific value in the 7th round, when he had 2nd rd grades by most.

Trenton Robinson was a good value pick also, productive at Michigan State.

We got 7 Solid football players, they weren't flashy, but the teams who win don't always go flashy in the draft, they don't need to each year, because they build a core foundation on their team from year to year to have what they have.

Overall, we got what we wanted and needed, I loved the draft, B+ for players, A+ for getting picks in 2013.
i really wanted streeter =[
Share 49ersWebzone