LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Day 3 - Draft General Discussion

Originally posted by Wodwo:
Eh, our schedule was deceptive. We killed teams... when we played them, they'd go on big losing streaks.

You're right about the late game heroics, though. Can't count on that every year, either.

Was still an impressive season.

I think the schedule was weak to begin with. We played the underachievers from the year before, and they pretty much played to form. We were lucky we didn't have to play the Packers down the stretch, and split games with talented but deeply flawed teams in the NFC East. Frankly, we were lucky to beat the Saints in the divisional playoff game...for a few moments Alex channeled some other quarterback (Kurt Warner or Brett Favre) and won the game in a memorable and stellar performance, but the team's string of luck ran out in the NFC title game. Not to take anything away from the team: they got back their confidence and really overachieved...in fact I can't think of any team in years that surprised to the upside so much as they did...but anyone who thinks this coming season will go like last year's will be disappointed. The Niners have too many good players and an excellent coaching staff to be pushovers for any team, but it's very very unlikely they'll approach a 12-3 record.
lol, the local sports reporter said that Amini Silatolu was a DEFENSIVE TACKLE. lol.
ILOKA!!!!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Ta'Amu or Crick or Boykin or Minnifield in the 4th
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
I can already tell the coverage of this draft is going to be so annoying. I don't care about Trent Richardson's two daughters or Robert Griffin's socks. This is the draft, it isn't f**king Lifetime.

I care about RGIII's socks.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Would love Omar Bolden in this round.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I will be spotty today in visiting the board. Here are my thoughts so far (I will elaborate further after the draft concludes):
1. In my draft, seeing DeCastro fall to number 22, I pushed from that point forward (picks 22 and 23) to use a third rounder this year, or similar compensation, to make that move forward. So, if I was running the team, and there was a trade partner, first round David DeCastro. He was the highest graded player on my board.

2. According to my draft board, the top player available in the second round was Mohamed Sanu.

3. Third Round given up for the DeCastro pick.

However, let's play out the "there was no trade partner" scenario:
1. Peter Konz- highest on my board
2. Mohamed Sanu- highest at 61
3. Brandon Thompson-highest at 92.
I would not have traded down from 92, but stuck with Thompson, since he was by far the best player remaining on my board.

The best players on my board right now. One of these guys would be the selection if the Niners stay their high fourth rounder.
Brandon Boykin
Alameda Ta'Amu

Overall, this appears to be a clunker draft for the team right now. I don't see the impact from these two players so far.

It is so frustrating because Boykins has no business falling this far and is an absolute playmaker (as a cb, KR, and even WR) for an SEC team at a position of relative need, but I can guarantee we won't take him. Five years from now people will look back and wonder why they fell. It's because scouts get too cute with their picks.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
I think the schedule was weak to begin with. We played the underachievers from the year before, and they pretty much played to form. We were lucky we didn't have to play the Packers down the stretch, and split games with talented but deeply flawed teams in the NFC East. Frankly, we were lucky to beat the Saints in the divisional playoff game...for a few moments Alex channeled some other quarterback (Kurt Warner or Brett Favre) and won the game in a memorable and stellar performance, but the team's string of luck ran out in the NFC title game. Not to take anything away from the team: they got back their confidence and really overachieved...in fact I can't think of any team in years that surprised to the upside so much as they did...but anyone who thinks this coming season will go like last year's will be disappointed. The Niners have too many good players and an excellent coaching staff to be pushovers for any team, but it's very very unlikely they'll approach a 12-3 record.

I have a hard time betting against Harbaugh.
can some one give me a link on the 9ers draft cam, cant find it anywhere on 49ers.com

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap
Hate to be a noob, but where can i watch it online?

Nevermind
[ Edited by SolRebe1 on Apr 28, 2012 at 9:01 AM ]
Baalke working the phones already.
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:

lol, this guy.

You're welcome to your opinion but I wouldn't say we were lucky to beat the Saints. We deserved to win that game because, at one point, we were up 17-0. Alex Smith came back and saved our asses. And the Giants were extremely lucky against us because of their best friend, Kyle Williams. If Ginn would've been healthy, we would've won. Our schedule won't be that much more difficult than last year. We had a very tough schedule last year"

At baltimore
pittsburgh
At Cincinatti
NYG-(they were playing well at the time)
Dallas(dallas has talent)
at Phili (that place is hard to win)
at Detroit (they were undefeated(

I think this year's schedule isn't too much harder; in fact, i think it is on par than last year's.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Hate to be a noob, but where can i watch it online?

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/49037/1/watch-nfl-network.html
Share 49ersWebzone