Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Wilson throws great from the pocket and mostly stays in the pocket. Obviously you haven't watched him play.
I forgot college ball and NFL are the same thing.

I haven't watched him that much but from what I've seen it seems like when he stays in the pocket it's with a 6-8 step drop(I counted) so that he can get a view downfield. He does still run like a chicken with its head cut off pretty often too. The plays I've seen where he stays in the pocket he either doesn't find anyone and scrambles for a run(which happens to be a highlight real run in college) or for some reason the opposing defense isn't sending any pressure and he eventually finds someone deep.
In the NFL you just need to send pressure up the middle,forcing him out and then have Aldon Smith coming around the edge ready for him. If he thinks he can scramble and run when he has Patrick Willis chasing him down, goodluck...
He's troy smith with a stronger arm. If seattle starts him in his first year his chances plummet even further because of the beating he'll take, Seattle fans might be thinking he's the next Vick but he's more likely to be the next Seneca Wallace, another short career backup they drafted.
