LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Day 2-Draft General Discussion

Originally posted by fropwns:
I am just curious why the Arkansas Wide Receivers haven't been picked up yet? Too small?

A lot of WR's haven't been picked yet...McNutt and Marvin Jones are both out there still
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I hope we get marvin!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
I'm about to jizz in my pants right now

LOL
Originally posted by 228niner:
so i guess we pick defense for the rest of the draft lol, maybe a guard or a center

I don't even want to guess anymore...i've been completely wrong this year...hahaha...

I predicted a guard in the 2nd round, and Hill or Randle in the 1st round...

craziness, but...it's going to be fun, that's for sure!!
i would of loved to pick up brandon thompson. i feel that the only reason we traded with the colts is so the rams wouldnt get TY hilton
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by fropwns:
I am just curious why the Arkansas Wide Receivers haven't been picked up yet? Too small?

A lot of WR's haven't been picked yet...McNutt and Marvin Jones are both out there still

I would bet you're right...With us getting another 4th rounder. This will be great, I wonder what they'll do...

who is the best available now for us? Safety? Defensive Tackle?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
still some good players left. Ta'amu is still left, the Centers like Molk, Blake, Brewster and Jones are still left. OLB Ronnell Lewsi is left, CBs Josh Norman, Brandon Boykin and a guy like S Markelle Martin and George Iloka are left.

yea there are so many people left who were suppose to be 2nd rounders. i hope boykin or ta'amu falls to us
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
I feel like the Colts really got us good this draft. We could have had Fleener, James, and Hilton (who the Colts took with our 3rd rounder). All play makers with speed. I'm not mad about our picks, but damn...
Originally posted by Furlow:
I feel like the Colts really got us good this draft. We could have had Fleener, James, and Hilton (who the Colts took with our 3rd rounder). All play makers with speed. I'm not mad about our picks, but damn...

i feel ya. i would of loved to have fleener, james, and hilton
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
The 49ers will now pick 97th and 125th in the 4th round, in addition to their 5th(#165), 6th(#199) and 7th(#237) round picks.

And we now own the Colts 2013 5th and the Bengals 2013 7th, giving us 9 picks in 2013.

We need to trade our 5th, 6th and 7th for another high 4th and spend 3 fourth rounders on good player fits who are locks to make the roster...

These players include:

Bobby Massey
Brandon Boykin
Alameda Taamu
Jared Crick
Miles Burris
Josh Norman

If only we didn't reach in the 1st and 2nd there would be Chris Rainey and Joe Adams available (who I like as much or more than our 1st and 2nd picks).

Id like any of those guys as well as Ben Jones, George Iloka, Massaquoi, or even Marvin Jones.

Well I was right that we would end up with Indy's 4th round pick...other than that I have not been in the same ballpark.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
still some good players left. Ta'amu is still left, the Centers like Molk, Blake, Brewster and Jones are still left. OLB Ronnell Lewsi is left, CBs Josh Norman, Brandon Boykin and a guy like S Markelle Martin and George Iloka are left.

yea there are so many people left who were suppose to be 2nd rounders. i hope boykin or ta'amu falls to us

Well at LEAST one of them has to fall to us.
I trust in Baalke and I hope this draft class turns out like the last class but I can not help but get 2008 flashbacks.
I would've run down my street naked if the 49ers took C. Glenn in the 1st R. Randle in the 2nd and J Crick in the 3rd.
[ Edited by Ice49er on Apr 27, 2012 at 8:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
LAMICHAEL JAMES ZOMG!!!! OREGONNINER WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUU??????!!!!

I am surprised to see the pick, since we have Hunter. I love LaMichael's game. Once he gets out of the backfield, he finishes his runs, because nobody gets a clean hit on him. He was on the relay team for U of O, and never got run down from behind. He's a good guy, and I am really rooting for him.
Originally posted by Furlow:

Never was a fleener guy, didn't feel we needed to add a 3rd TE who doesn't block well, I'm happy with Jenkins and James so far, we have 6 picks left, maybe we can add another 5th depended on how the board falls.

Ideally I would like this, but you never know with Baalke, which is what I like, but anyway here is what I am hoping for.

I want to get 4 of these players.

OLB Ronnell Lewis, Oklahoma
OLB Jonathan Massaqoui, Troy
C Ben Jones, Georgia
C Mike Brewster, Ohio State
NT Alameda Ta'amu, Washington
NT Josh Chapman, Alabama
FS Markelle Martin, Oklahoma State
FS George Iloka, Boise State
FS Janzen Jackson, McNeese State
DE Billy Winn, Boise State
DE Jared Crick, Nebraska
CB Brandon Boykin, Georgia
CB Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska
CB Josh Norman, Coastal Carolina

Wouldn't mind one of these TEs

Oklahoma's James Hanna
UL-Lafayette's Ladarius Green
LSU's DeAngelo Peterson

But now the fun part begins, a lot of fallers, and some gems to be found, should be fun.
Share 49ersWebzone