There are 196 users in the forums

Day 2-Draft General Discussion

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Wonder if the Mods can create two threads for the general discussion, one for new generation twitter fans, who tip off the pick in advance, and one for the old schoolers, who want to hear the pick first from the podium. I see the merit of both the old and new school thinking.

Little bit of angst yesterday from those uphappy the picks were being tipped off almost five minutes before the commish made the call.
Agree

I was pissed Maiocco was tweeting the picks before announced, I refuse to look on his twitter account tonight and tomorrow.

That wasnt Maiocco and their fault, for some reason the the TV feed was behind

damn, I wonder why the feed is behind then.

Towards the end of the night it looked like they fixed it
Can someone tell me WHERE to watch the Niners War Room?

Is that online somewhere? Please advise.... thanks
Originally posted by highwayone:

49ers.com
49ers.com

thanks man! Crap, I went there last night and didn't see it. Must have been blind (or drunk)
[ Edited by highwayone on Apr 27, 2012 at 2:15 PM ]
49ers.com

thanks man! Crap, I went there last night and didn't see it. Must have been blind (or drunk)

Do you use twitter? If so follow this guy https://twitter.com/#!/ScottKegley He will post the link to once the draft starts
Kiper and half of those guys who set up "BPA" rankings take money from agents to hawk the agent's guy. knbr was talking about it this morning. If Mel said my grandma was the best ILB avaiable half the smucks reading it would think it was gospel.
Originally posted by sean610:
Brandon Brooks and Tyrone Crawford or Derek Wolfe yeeaaaaaa budddddddddyyyy

I'm with you on that one. I really think we need some quality depth on the D-Line, and there should be good OGs in the 3rd. The only other thing I could see is CB or S depth.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
just thinking looking back to last year...

Bowers fell and was expected to be a 1st rounder, interesting that Branch fell as well this year....are the Clemson guys overrated?

Bowers fell because he was injured and some teams had him completely off the board because of his knee. Bowers was supposed to be a top 5-10 pick, and the injury scared off the teams. Branch will likely get picked up early in 2nd. He was supposed to go in 20s, so it's not really a big fall.

Cordy Glenn falling completely out of round 1 when projected to go in top 15 is the one that really stands out.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I think they are pretty sure that they have the starting RG on the team now. I say this because RG was the only position where a highround pick could start right away. I'm loving it because we can take whoever we want and not get jumped for the pick.

I hope you're right, but I won't jump to that conclusion just yet. You can find a starting G in 2nd or 3rd round.
Probably OTB

But Sanu received a prank call last night saying he was drafted by the Bengals? LOL

Thats not cool at all...

I just hope we don't get a 29 year old rookie. By the time he is ready to break out in year 3, it will be time to retire.
  • bors
  • Veteran

49ers.com
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Is it 5 minutes per pick now ?
Originally posted by Joecool:
I just hope we don't get a 29 year old rookie. By the time he is ready to break out in year 3, it will be time to retire.

NFL ready or gtfo
If the interest in Irvin was legit, I wonder if there was something about him that we felt was exceptional, or if we consider another pass rusher a priority today?
Share 49ersWebzone