There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Day 2-Draft General Discussion

Anybody have any idea when we will be picking if we dont move?
We will be picking at #30 in the 2nd round
just thinking looking back to last year...

Bowers fell and was expected to be a 1st rounder, interesting that Branch fell as well this year....are the Clemson guys overrated?
My guess is that it will be close to the same time as last night minus one hour. I believe it starts an hour earlier. This round is going to be full of trades too IMO.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,956
Originally posted by NinerG94:
My guess is that it will be close to the same time as last night minus one hour. I believe it starts an hour earlier. This round is going to be full of trades too IMO.

yea but less time to pick and don't have everyone and their brother hugging the guy picked before hugging the commish. but I believe they are letting ex players announce the picks so we'll likely be 3 picks behind again tonight!
Any solid rumors of one of the other teams being specifically interested in getting Silatolu in the second round?

I think that if he's fairly certain to be around for our slot and there's no need to trade up, we would have had a fairly good early part of the draft, picking up 2 players to fill needed positions who could contribute fairly early in the season. The rest of the draft could focus more on BPA/future potential.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Any solid rumors of one of the other teams being specifically interested in getting Silatolu in the second round?

I think that if he's fairly certain to be around for our slot and there's no need to trade up, we would have had a fairly good early part of the draft, picking up 2 players to fill needed positions who could contribute fairly early in the season. The rest of the draft could focus more on BPA/future potential.

There are still some good linemen on the board, I'm not concerned.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Any solid rumors of one of the other teams being specifically interested in getting Silatolu in the second round?

I think that if he's fairly certain to be around for our slot and there's no need to trade up, we would have had a fairly good early part of the draft, picking up 2 players to fill needed positions who could contribute fairly early in the season. The rest of the draft could focus more on BPA/future potential.


I think he'll be there at our pick in the second too. He's got a ton of potential but he'll slide a bit because he doesn't have experience playing against top tier talent.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
My guess is that it will be close to the same time as last night minus one hour. I believe it starts an hour earlier. This round is going to be full of trades too IMO.

How many minutes do they get in the second round? I thought it was only 7 minutes per pick? That would speed things up.
I have a feeling this round will be heavy with offensive picks considering how round 1 went. I don't think we will be lucky to get our Guard. I think we will go LB or RB.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I have a feeling this round will be heavy with offensive picks considering how round 1 went. I don't think we will be lucky to get our Guard. I think we will go LB or RB.

tend to agree, I think the run on WR's really starts at the top and teams start to scramble
When Koby Fleener falls to #30 in the 2nd round doe :D

ahahaa i wishhh. Shooooot.
This might be in another thread...
Rutgers WR Mohamed Sanu was the victim of a prank call on the first day of the draft claiming he was drafted by the Bengals.


Agent Mike McCartney took the call, which said Cincinnati selected Sanu at No. 27. McCartney went so far as to post the "news" on Twitter, before the pick was announced as Wisconsin OG Kevin Zeitler. "It was some kid from Rutgers who said his friend got his phone and played a practical joke. He was apologetic," McCartney explained. Sanu is a projected late second- or third-rounder.

That sucks for him! Draft day is big for these guys. I'm sure Sanu will go sometime today though.
  • cools
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,346
Makes too much sence that Supolu will be announcing Silatolu
Brandon Brooks and Tyrone Crawford or Derek Wolfe yeeaaaaaa budddddddddyyyy