LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

A.J. Jenkins + Randy Moss = Good Sh!t

Baalke and Harbaugh are geniuses. Who else has REALLY thought about their plan of pairing Jenkins with Moss? They invested very little bringing in a future HOFer to help groom the WR of their choice. I'm incredibly comfortable with the moves Harbaalke makes and if you have doubts after the Aldon pick, you shouldn't be discussing the draft.....with anybody...........ever. Idgaf about a "reach". There simply is no such thing as a reach if they get the guys they want most. I love the pick even more when thinking about how they could have traded down (five spots, I believe) with the Vikes, or waited until later in the second rd. and then taken him if he was still on the board. They didn't feel like the possibility of missing out on their top available player was worth the risk, and I personally get a very warm and tingly sensation around my private parts knowing how much the FO sacrificed in order to make Jenkins a 9er. Just imagine what Randy f***ing Moss can do to help turn this dude into an elite receiver. Who knows how long Baalke has known that they would choose AJ.....you've got to consider the idea that the decision to draft Jenkins could've had a large influence in the Moss pick-up. There's a great chance Moss contributes well below the league avg., but he doesn't need to put up outstanding numbers if he can point Jenkins in the right direction. That alone would be worth the signing. Tbh, I was pretty disappointed with the so-called "reach" for an hr. or so..until I realized how vital Moss can be in the success of the newest addition to the RED&GOLD. I know I'm a noob and I may have taken one or two many Hits From The Bong (Cypress Hill..amazing) earlier, but I still know what I'm talking about and I will conclude with this: Trust in Harbaalke!! There's no other option as a Faithful!!!! Amen
[ Edited by Chaserton650 on Apr 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM ]
per MM...

Randy Moss is under contract to the 49ers for one year. But, of course, there is no guarantee that Moss will make it that one season. Moss is 35. He did not play last season. And the last year he played, 2010, he wasn't very good. The 49ers signed Moss without giving him any guaranteed money.

Jenkins' most realistic hope for significant playing time as a first-year player is to beat out Moss.

And even if Jenkins is the No. 5 receiver -- Ted Ginn will be the fourth receiver to suit up because of his play on special teams -- this is a move that gives the 49ers a wide receiver who figures to be with the team for a while. Jenkins will sign a four-year contract with a non-negotiable fifth-year option.

dont get that thinking...
Originally posted by jreff22:
per MM...

Randy Moss is under contract to the 49ers for one year. But, of course, there is no guarantee that Moss will make it that one season. Moss is 35. He did not play last season. And the last year he played, 2010, he wasn't very good. The 49ers signed Moss without giving him any guaranteed money.

Jenkins' most realistic hope for significant playing time as a first-year player is to beat out Moss.

And even if Jenkins is the No. 5 receiver -- Ted Ginn will be the fourth receiver to suit up because of his play on special teams -- this is a move that gives the 49ers a wide receiver who figures to be with the team for a while. Jenkins will sign a four-year contract with a non-negotiable fifth-year option.

I'm confident they'll both be on the roster for the majority of the season. If Moss doesn't perform well enough to stay on the squad, I'm sure the preseason alone will give the rookie plenty to add to the arsenal. Just being on the field together for a few days could allow some of Moss' good habits to rub off on him.
Originally posted by jreff22:
per MM...

As much as I love MM, he's guessing about Moss. No one has any idea what we're gonna get out of him.
What if the team doesn't even intend on keeping Moss around for very long? They could be paying him just to help transform AJ into a star before the season even starts.
i think Jenkins is a beter replacment for crabtree. Then need a long term Big bodie to compliment. If crabtree sticks its in the slot as #3
Share 49ersWebzone