There are 172 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I changed my mind on drafting OL in round 1 as DeCastro was falling.

Despite the 2010 draft which the picks were likely heavily Sing influenced it seems Baalke has the old school mentality of taking interior OL in the later rounds.

After that draft the earliest he's taken any lineman has been 4th this past draft with Looney who I think they felt was a guy that slipped because of injury.
Baalke is very much different than his predecesor. His former boss would never have drafted Hunter and follow that up with James in any draft much less two straight drafts.

As for Looney, i don't think that was the OL they really wanted to draft to fill the guard position.

Still after the draft of Aldon, I gave up trying to figure out who they were after. I knew it would be someone I didn't think of and opps they did it again. I had my hopes as a draftnik, but that is all. Thought Decastro when he slipped for sure then Coby, then Hill or some other. At any rate it will be interesting to see what they do next year after the season with so many people's contracts set to expire and the extra picks we are set to have.