There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What's the sweet spot for Glenn, Konz, Silatolu?

If anything, I think Konz would be the target as he also can play center.

We still do not know for sure what the coaches think of Kilgore after a full season of practice. If they move to get a guard, it will tell us they do not see Kilgore as the future. If they ignore that spot with the next two picks, then we will know they like Kilgore. Konz will cloud the issue as he might be seen as the future replacement for Goodwin.

Gonna be a fun afternoon.
Ideally, they can get an OL who can play OG and C...OG's aren't that hard to come by, but good C's are. I really like what I've heard about Brooks' athleticism...dude ran a 4.97 40 at 340 lbs. Very strong, too. Chicago...we do need OL...can't just trust Kilgore can handle the job. Harbaugh and Baalke absolutely love competition...they'll draft a good OG, just wait and see. Agree we also need depth on DL...Baalke can get that done, too. Both lines are very important.
Glenn, Simatolu, Konz, Scwartz, et. al.., there's too many available for not 1 of them to be their when we pick. I say we stand pat, and let someone fall to us. Follow that up with a low tier FA or a june 1st. cap casualty, and our OL can stop da Rams' Brockers
Some mock drafts have Silatolu falling to our pick...
[ Edited by D_Niner on Apr 27, 2012 at 10:16 AM ]
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
If anything, I think Konz would be the target as he also can play center.

We still do not know for sure what the coaches think of Kilgore after a full season of practice. If they move to get a guard, it will tell us they do not see Kilgore as the future. If they ignore that spot with the next two picks, then we will know they like Kilgore. Konz will cloud the issue as he might be seen as the future replacement for Goodwin.

Gonna be a fun afternoon.

If the team drafts a guard, that would mean Kilgore would potentially become the center of the future and depth on the interior for the time being. There is very little depth on the inside of the line so picking an interior lineman early would not be a bad idea. If they don't draft an interior lineman then we can assume they are happy with Person, Kilgore, Beeler, etc. or they feel they can get a better player in free agency to hold them over for a year.

No matter what happens, I don't think it's a slight to Kilgore if the team trades up to get Silatolu, Konz, Brooks, Glenn, or any other lineman.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Konz and Glenn will go fast

first 2 OL to go today
[ Edited by jreff22 on Apr 27, 2012 at 10:34 AM ]
Surprised, like many, that both those guys didn't go in the first.

I have a feeling they go real fast. I think Silatolu goes before Konz.